Haier LE19B3320 No Sound No Pic No Backlight No Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier LE19B3320 No Sound No Pic No Backlight No Response

This has an integrated PS/Main board. At power up the blue light comes on but beyond that there are no outward signs of life. However all voltages are present on the secondary.

Can't find an eeprom bin to flash to the U18 (25Q64) in case that's the problem but was wondering if this supply has a PFC boosted voltage ?

I only measure 168v at the main cap but I notice the cap is rated at 400v

Suggestions ?
    Attached Files

Re: Haier LE19B3320 No Sound No Pic No Backlight No Response

Manual might be here:

Comment

Thanks I have the manual forgot to link to it.

Comment

At 30 watts, the TV may not use enough power to need PFC so 168V looks ok.

I suspect U18 EEPROM failure or corruption.

WITH TV UNPLUGGED, you may try heating the IC, or using freeze spray then plugging in and trying to turn on the TV.

Make note if freezing or heating allows the TV to turn on.

If you remove the EEPROM chip, you will need to place it in a SPI flash reader and then heat the IC (or freeze the IC) then read it quickly.

You may want to repeat the process 2-5 individual times (removing power between attempts, and re-heating or re-freezing), then compare the .BIN files to see if they are consistent, and then try re-programming to a new IC.

I have done this a few times and had good success. Only in a few cases were the IC contents completely messed up and reprogramming to a new IC did not work.

Comment

Both heating and cooling U18 have no effect on the operation of the tv.

If there is no boosted voltage I may remove the eeprom and attempt to read it as like I said all voltages indicated in the troubleshooting portion of the SM are present.

Comment

I does'nt look like there is a pfc circuit, its only universal input 100~240vac. shopjimmy lists an eeprom for a LE32F2220F TB300714806M main board
            Be sure tv is UN-PLUGGED when freezing eeprom, then plug in tv and try turning on
            Last edited by R_J; 02-20-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post

I suspect U18 EEPROM failure or corruption..
              +1
              you dont need to the bin for U18 (25Q64) you have it on the original one.. read it and write it on new one

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                +1
                you dont need to the bin for U18 (25Q64) you have it on the original one.. read it and write it on new one
                How do you figure I don't need the bin if the original is corrupt ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                  How do you figure I don't need the bin if the original is corrupt ?
                  i posted here software interface for windows work with CH314 programmer it can read all sectors one by one of 25Q64

Comment

I removed and read the eeprom and flashed it to another eeprom and the result is the same.

But looking at the bin there are several places with only zero's.

The first 0x100 bytes are zero's. Then there is a small bit of non-zero data followed by another stretch of zero's all the way to $2000.

Then again zero's at $35D0 to $3EF0. After that the flash is full of non-zero data until roughly three quarters through the entire flash where the rest is filled with #FF.

Is this bin bad ?

Comment

Pics...
                      Attached Files

Comment

I removed and read the eeprom and flashed it to another eeprom and the result is the same.

But looking at the bin there are several places with only zero's.

The first 0x100 bytes are zero's. Then there is a small bit of non-zero data followed by another stretch of zero's all the way to $2000.

Then again zero's at $35D0 to $3EF0. After that the flash is full of non-zero data until roughly three quarters through the entire flash where the rest is filled with #FF.

Is this bin bad ?
                        the (( The first 0x100 bytes are zero's )) are normal. and when there are no data later between the sector's normal too as there drivers and setting loaded one by one.
                        the questions .. are you sure the issue with eeprom ???

Comment

i just read your OP you don't have any volts reading at out put especially the 5 V. then how the eeprom will run ? you need to check the output.

Comment

Read the OP again, I said I have ALL voltages present on the secondary (according to troubleshooting section of the SM).

No I'm not certain the eeprom is the problem. I did not check for voltage at the flash ic and will do that right now.

Thanks for confirming the dump is not out of the ordinary.

Comment

3.3v verified at pin 8.

Comment

3.3v verified at pin 8.
                                i think best way now to try using USB to TTL interface terminal at low level 3.3v to read if the eeprom running its script or not.

Comment

I don't know how to do that but I do have a scope can't I just probe the clock and data lines for activity ?

Comment

I don't know how to do that but I do have a scope can't I just probe the clock and data lines for activity ?
                                    each eeprom had serial data input and serial data output
                                    25Q SPI 8 pins as following
                                    pin No 2 are DO serial data output this we connect it to RX USB TTL
                                    pin No 5 are DI serial data input this we connect it to TX USB TTL

on any terminal we can see the running script of the SPI

Comment

Working...
                                    X