Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fix for Benq FP737s 17" (Q7T3)

Hello Cliffpage
    The transistors can be tested in circuit, also the voltage on fuse is no problem ( I believe )
    Try these links they should help
    http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/tran.htm
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=96
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=104
    Last edited by Bobdee; 05-11-2009, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cliffpage
      I note the fuse is 125v 3amp. is the voltage actually important on a fuse. I thought from my physics lessons at school (over 30 yrs ago) that all that mattered on a fuse is the current (amp). would it make any difference if i used a 250v 3a fuse?
      Should be fine as long as you don't replace a fast-blow with a slow-blow or something like that.
      Volts on fuses is (I think) how much they can go up to without arcing.
      Lesser volts is fine.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

thanks for replies. I got 6 of these model of monitors from a pile of rubbish being chucked out of some offices. they all have labels on them saying faulty, but one of them seems to work fine (perhaps an intermittent fault?). i dont have much time at the monent to work on them but will get around to taking them apart someday to gibe me the 'challenge' of fixing thwm

Comment

Duhhh nice one, something to look forward to
          good luck

Comment

I have here a Benq 767 and have replaced 2x C5707, 1x FU9024n and 1x fuse MS3A. The backlight is working again, but it is not switched off, so even in the standby mode on. What can still be broken? Someone an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by mecklan
              I have here a Benq 767 and have replaced 2x C5707, 1x FU9024n and 1x fuse MS3A. The backlight is working again, but it is not switched off, so even in the standby mode on. What can still be broken? Someone an idea?
              Re-check the 2x FU9024Ns they can be the cause of the Backlights staying on

Comment

hi, i have a benq monitor lcd fp737 , i've just change the some capacitor and the fuse,
                now it swicth on but the screen is white, no image visualizze
                i need help please

Comment

Originally posted by diabolik_0ne
                  hi, i have a benq monitor lcd fp737 , i've just change the some capacitor and the fuse,
                  now it swicth on but the screen is white, no image visualizze
                  i need help please
                  First check your lead from mainboard to panel ,this can be easily unseated or left off in some cases when monitors have been opened.
                  Also if that not problem check tiny fuse on panel (not much bigger than pinhead in most cases) that is under metal plate at top of screen

Comment

sorry for my last information it' no complete.....
                    i,ve just change the pico-fuse on mainb 3 amp. the lamp swicht on ,the screen only white colours....nothin image visualizze , i need to change other components??

Comment

sorry for my last information it' no complete.....
                      i,ve just change the pico-fuse on mainb 3 amp. the lamp swicht on ,the screen only white colours....nothin image visualizze , i need to change other components??
                      Not sure that I understand that last post,
                      but when the panel fuse is open the Backlights (lamps as you call them) do come on to give you white screen but no visual image,

So a dead panel fuse leaves you with white screen (lamps on) no image

Comment

the lamp are light on... and the screen i see only white color if i connect the vga cable the screen to the pc i don't see any image i see only white colour

Comment

the lamp are light on... and the screen i see only white color if i connect the vga cable the screen to the pc i don't see any image i see only white colour
                          yes I do understand that, those are the symptoms of the PANEL fuse dying so check panel fuse first to see if that is your problem, If the panel fuse is OK then the problem will be mainboard, but I and a few members have repaired this problem on various monitors just by replacing the usual 1 amp fuse on the panel (not the power or mainboard the Panel board)

Comment

now i repeir a benq model t905 i change two 5707 and the fuse 3 amp ....the Backlights now are ok and visualizze image ....but when i turn off to the power button....the Backlights still light on ....why?? if i turn off the monitor i cut the corrunt cable ...some help me please.

Comment

now i repeir a benq model t905 i change two 5707 and the fuse 3 amp ....the Backlights now are ok and visualizze image ....but when i turn off to the power button....the Backlights still light on ....why?? if i turn off the monitor i cut the corrunt cable ...some help me please.
                              Check the 2 fets out for shorts (FU9024Ns) they look the same as the C5707s and they will be near to them

read this by Krankshaft it will help
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=240
                              Last edited by Bobdee; 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

while i been waiting your answer ..i try by my multimeter tester to measure and i found the fq11p06 short..so in this condition the backlights is always on , also the power button is off
                                i think to have the same problen in both monitor
                                well i hope to solved this problem ..and thank you very much for your help

Comment

while i been waiting your answer ..i try by my multimeter tester to measure and i found the fq11p06 short..so in this condition the backlights is always on , also the power button is off
                                  i think to have the same problen in both monitor
                                  well i hope to solved this problem ..and thank you very much for your help
                                  The shorted FU is the cause for your always-on backlight. The one with the white only display is another story, as it will be the input fuse almost for sure as Bobdee said. if the Fuse is OK, then you will have a bad LCD panel.
                                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                                  • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                                  • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                                  • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                  • GeForce GT1050
                                    2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hehe FU how ironic.

Think the component is telling you something ?
                                    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
                                      Hehe FU how ironic.

Think the component is telling you something ?
                                      Very sharp, cant stop laughing, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
                                        Very sharp, cant stop laughing, nice one
                                        Yes. It is ironic indeed, a FU FU component...
                                        "You must replace the FU."
                                        "Which one?"
                                        "The one that is FU..."
                                        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                                        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                                        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                                        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                        • GeForce GT1050
                                          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hi Dave,
                                          I have recently been given one of these Benq 17” monitors, but only because it had died. I'm only an amateur dabbler in electronics, and I think I've just about been able to follow most of your circuit mods, and the reasoning behind them. Now I know from the dates on the posted articles, it was some time ago you were working on this monitor, but I was wondering if you now have a final definitive modification list, and final circuit diagrams. I ask this as reading through the various posts, you were obviously developing and changing things as you found new problems, and from reading through, it is hard to be sure I'm using your final solution for all the mods.

PS. I hope I've entered this in the right place, I'm new to this forum.

Vic

Comment

Working...
                                          X