LCD Monitor Video Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Monitor Video Board

My brother gave me an el-cheapo LCD (i'm at work now so dont have the name in front of me). He said the display went out on it so at first I thought it might be backlight or power source. What I found was that the caps on the video board were bulging. After doing some searching on the net I found on another site that someone was having issues with a Rosewill lcd with the same video board being used. I borrowed there picture for here to show the board I have and layout of caps.

The caps on the board are FZ58 470 16v and pretty much all are bulging a little or alot. Are these what I will need to replace the bad caps with? If my link posting doesn't work, it is the 470uF 16v HN 8mm 12mm caps on the mast list. Would you recommend bumping it up to a higher Capacitance or voltage & Capacitance? Also does it matter the style of cap whether it is the solid kind like is on there now or ??

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: LCD Monitor Video Board

The bad units are near a DC-DC converter (and most likely to be on the output of the DC-DC converter - these units appear to be Sacon FZ) - I think there should be no problem in using solid polymer units.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Re: LCD Monitor Video Board

The capacitors with FZ on them look like solid/polymer capacitor, but they're not, they're regular electrolytic capacitors.

Nichicon HN capacitors will work there, other low esr capacitors will also work as long as you have the room (space between pcb and the case, height wise).

These Sacon FZ capacitors are bad, unreliable, you should seriously consider replacing ALL those - i think - 8 capacitors that have FZ written on them.

Comment

Working...
      X