Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some guidance Aspire mini 3410

Guys ,

I have some probelms with this Aspire 3410.It all starts up , I can go into the Bios and change settings.But it can/will not start Windows 7.

I Always get the screen that somethings has/was changed , and Windows must be repaired.So , I choose this option and it starts loading files.

And then when it must really get the Windows OS , I get some information (looks like a DOS screen and I can also see a BSOD - this is passing by in a very very short flash)

And then the same thing repeats itself.I have tried to boot from USB but then I get this screen : Windows Boot Manager

And it is looking for the file /BOOT/BCD

You must hit Esc and then the same thing happens..

So , any clues whats next ??

Re: looking for some guidance Aspire mini 3410

replace the hdd by another one and install a Linux on it to see what will happen. or use a Linux Live CD.

Comment

I would guess it could be bad spot on hard drive, run a diagnostic like seatools (there are others) to check the drive, if there is a bad block it will likely find it.

Comment

Guys ,

Thanks for your suggestions.In the past week I did some more digging and searching for this error.It seems that it is happening (quite) to a number of people.
        And it is not brand related.

Ok this is the situation.There is this problem that Win7 is not starting.Most of the time I get the error that windows needs to be repaired at start up.
        But then after that there is the message that there is something wrong with the Boot system.

So apparently there is no path to where the windows are located.Which is resulting in that you have a continous boot cycle.
        I tried with Alt+F10 to repair the boot manager (with the command bootrec)

With Alt+F10 you will see a sort of command prompt screen.Sometimes you can see the commd prompt screen for Windows 7 Setup.
        Nothing has worked so far.

I also tried to install Win7 from a USB drive (made with Rufus).I can choose the drive but then the same thing happens >>>>

I get the repair Windows at start up Etc , etc >> So here I am also stuck in a boot cycle.

I put in another HDD with the same results.I tried to reset to factory settings - didn't work.

Now I'm going to install Win7 from another laptop with the progg Serva.We will see how it goes.There is a Youtube video on this.

Last edited by pecrie; 02-21-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Here is an update.So after checking again several things - I made a new usb Win7 stick with Rufus 3.3 !
          This time I noticed that the file system was NTFS and the stick was set for MBR.

While I believe that the earlier Win 7 stick was set for the FAT32 and for MBR and also UEFI
          So it seems thats where I got it wrong - I used Rufus 3.4 for that.

I put in a new HDD but first I formatted it on my desktop in NTFS.And now Win 7 is installing.

I checked the Original disk - and it has a System Folder of about 70 MB and a partition named Lokal Disk of 111 GB.This partition seems to be empty.

On the System Folder there was some left overs from a Boot Manager - so that explains why it was stuck in the boot loop.
          Anyways I will clear the Original disc and do a disc check ...

So this is fixed luckily ...

Comment

Working...
          X