X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp lc-60le640u

Reset procedure to try:
    Unplug the television.
    Press and hold the "Channel Down" and "Input" buttons on the panel.
    Plug the television back in while holding down these buttons. ...
    Keep holding the buttons until the television powers back on. ...
    Use the remote to navigate the "Service Mode" menu and select "Factory Reset" from the menu.

Comment

It's possible the replacement mainboard is bad, did you get it from ebay?

Comment

Some tvs can be updated without display, not sure about this exact model.

Comment

I tried to get into service mode and erase error mode but neither give any display on screen. I will try the update tomorrow and see if anything happens. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            It's possible the replacement mainboard is bad, did you get it from ebay?
            Yes it came from EBay and could possibly be bad, just find it strange it has exact same symptoms of original board.

Comment

Could be strange yes or could be a weakness where they fail with same symptoms.

Comment

My t-con says lines 4 and replacement says lines 6 should that matter
                Attached Files

Comment

Info. there, tells you what to look for as in part number and sticker numbers to match up: https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...q=+lc-60le640u

Comment

Well after trying another set of boards with the same result. If it had problem with the edge board it shouldn’t do the white and black screen test or not necessary? I already had a kit to rebuild the power supply even though from what I can tell all voltages were good. I guess I will go ahead and go through supply. This one has really giving me heartache. Ugh....

Comment

Well it just keeps getting worse, rebuilt the power supply today and it fried a resister as soon as I plugged in.

Comment

Do you have a spare powerboard you can use or just that one?
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-13-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Well after trying to rebuild power board twice to just see if it was missing some voltage and it dying both times. I ordered an eBay power board and for the first time got a menu but still have red line on one side of screen. Any ideas now, I did try unhooking ribbon cables and rebooking with no luck. Help please, I have so much money in boards on this thing now it has to work.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hornnumb2 View Post
                            Well after trying to rebuild power board twice to just see if it was missing some voltage and it dying both times. I ordered an eBay power board and for the first time got a menu but still have red line on one side of screen. Any ideas now, I did try unhooking ribbon cables and rebooking with no luck. Help please, I have so much money in boards on this thing now it has to work.....
                            I would like to call your attention to this thread I started on an LC-60LE600U. Your TV is similar.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=lc-60le600u

Quick background on this thread: I had an LC-60LE600U with bad backlights and an LC-60LE640U fully working but with a broken LCD flap. I attempted to swap the 600's LCD flap in to the 640. The panels were incompatible.

The picture you posted of your TV is remarkably similar in appearance to mine after swapping the 600's panel in to the 640. The key thing I see are four even divisions of your screen right above each of the source driver boards. Eventually my screen got vertical lines on it (shown in the pic on my thread) and was way worse than yours in appearance. I thought I country-fried the display.

Upon installing the main and T-CON boards from the 600 in to the 640 the picture straightened right out and the TV worked great.

Based on this, I'm wondering if someone before you either swapped the wrong LCD flap or the wrong boards in to it and one isn't compatible with the other(s)?
                            They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Working...
                            X