Samsung UN60FH6003 yellow tint 3 days after replacing backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN60FH6003 yellow tint 3 days after replacing backlights

Sorry for my english, here it's late night also.. brightness level depends also on the tv set placement in the room when there is daylight, the amount of ambient light, there are usually presets for the types of programs, so you can change them fast between movies, games and others, to preserve led integrity anyway i suggest not to pass 60% because them gets very hot and are not well sinked/dissipated.. the yellow problem was in ccfl sets when lamps became old, now in your tv there's a separate setting for backlight or is a generic "brightness level"? i suspect bad tcon connection.

Edit:
    Wait a moment, i have forgot one aspect, if, for some reason, you have done an error in the led ordering or SJ have shipped the wromg item you could have mounted led sets with wrong voltage, therefore if the original was 6v leds and you've placed 3v ones the new ones gets so hot that becomes Reddish/yelowish, or the same manner if your old leds supported max 2w and the new ones only 1,2w, same voltage.
    Last edited by Davi.p; 05-02-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

"Worked great for 3 days now all yellow" Sure seems like you got a defective/weak/ possibly overheating batch of leds.

Comment

Over drive leds became a very cool blue then die .

Comment

I know I received the correct strips as the numbers matched what I pulled out. The screen isn't a pronounced yellow, it's more of a sepia tint that's noticeable on anything white and even blues. The lower I have the backlights the more noticeable it gets, especially if I increase brightness... Then it just sort of washes out. The strips were manufactured brand new, and SJ said they've never had anything like this, so it leads me to believe maybe it's something else showing signs of age. My brother suggested it may be the video main because they can cause color issues. It's not extreme, and to most people they probably wouldn't notice it. But I do notice it and it's more annoying than anything else.

Comment

can you make pics or a vid of that problem?

Comment

you said on page 1:
              I originally set it at 10, but that was too dark, and turning up brightness makes the yellow come out, so now I have it at 13.
              It's not clear where you are talking about tv command "brightness" that is maybe separate from "backlight level" or not. At this point some pictures of the defect is very adviceable.

Comment

I tried to get a picture but my camera is making each edge darker than the middle so the yellowish/sepia tint isn't noticeable. I was able to get my settings configured well enough to counter most of it, but as I said before, the lower the Backlight level, the more noticeable it is. Therefore I've set my Backlight to 15 (out of 20), which I feel might be too high? What does everyone else think?

Comment

Never heard of a LED turning yellow..Perhaps the obvious thing to do first is to look around the back of the panel,(back removed) as many sets will have a hole or two between the steel and the strips...see if the light leakage there is white..just a thought..Much more likely is LVDS connections.
                  Last edited by steviewonder; 05-04-2018, 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I know if you buy individual leds. Some batches are on the yellow side. I don't know if they are factory seconds. But they are yellow to begin with.
                    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Here's a little info. if you want to call it bs that's your prerogative. https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/top...are-yellowing/

Comment

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2273923

Comment

Working...
                        X