Stepper Motors Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepper Motors Board

These two boards are configured differently but are two versions of the same board. Both are bad.

The function of this board is to control 4 DC stepper motors. It also serves as a pass through from the power source to the CPU board and then back through to most other functions of the machine.

I do not know the symptoms of these particular boards as to their malfunction.

The non flash pictures seemed to be better than when I used a flash so I posted them.

Thanks for any advice.

Board 2

Re: Stepper Motors Board

any fault on those is probably digital.

what are they for?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      any fault on those is probably digital.

what are they for?
      That's what I was afraid of.

These come from a small manufacturing machine which edges eyeglass lenses from a blank to fit the frame. This board controls the 4 stepper motors, 3 of which are x,y,z movements and the 4th which runs a lens probing assembly which measures the blank as they vary in thickness.

I have about 4 to 8 of these which are dead. I supply boards for older machines in my industry which are no longer supported by the manufacurer by cannabalizing other machines. This particular board I am almost out of. Its the weak link of the machine. So I am investigating if its feasible to repair boards.

Comment

post better foto's so i can see chip part numbers

Comment

Ok they were good pics but I didnt realize Photobucket shrunk them so much so lets try a direct upload
          Attached Files

Comment

that's good.
            are all the led's going on?

Comment

Yes the LED lights function normally on both boards.

But some of the stepper motors do not function or do strange things

Comment

NEWER STYLE CPU BOARD - Same machine

The is the Main Board from the machine. Its called the CPU Board. This is the new style in which the program altered using the interface in the center. I have 4 of this style which are bad.

The first has an obviously fried component. I have included a closeup.

The second seems to function properly but sends a bad display to the LCD of the user interface so it is not usable.

I need to find out if its feasible to attempt to repair these boards.

Thank you for helping.
                Attached Files

Comment

NEWER STYLE CPU BOARD - Another Bad Display

This is the 3rd bad board I have. This CPU Board also sends a bad display. Other than that it seems to work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X