Heads up: Major price hike GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up: Major price hike GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Best Buy has a roughly 60 percent price hike on a GeForce GTX 1050 series!
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: Heads up: Major price hike GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

What?! I thought this was common sense. Who buys computer hardware at "Best Buy" any more?

Comment

But, PSUs are very affordable and the Radeon RX 550 and 560s are as well!

I wonder if this reeks of a Ponzi scheme???
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

I always buy 'trailing edge' stuff, not leading edge. That way its cheap.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

It also makes no sense as that puts it in the same price bracket as a 3GB GTX 1060 which has a nearly 50% performance advantage over the 1050Ti, albeit while using a little more power (75W for the 1050Ti vs. 120W for the 1060). Who the hell do they think is going to pay over $200 for a 1050Ti when they could get a 1060 for the same price?

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            and you know if it has a design fault!!

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
              But, PSUs are very affordable and the Radeon RX 550 and 560s are as well!
              I really doubt Worst Buy has anything (PC-parts) that is better priced than online stores or MicroCenter. The only worthwhile things from them are appliances, and that's only if you know the right people on the inside to get you the right discount.
              ... and that's only if you are looking to buy new (junk) appliances.
              I personally would rather get something old from Craigslist and fix it up / clean it than get new junk. The quality of new appliances really is hit-or-miss (mostly miss).

For me, it's more like obsolete junk that no one wants.

Originally posted by stj View Post
              Exactly!

Not to mention that for video cards, you already have all of the soft and hard-mods already discovered, tried, and tested (if any) by other people. So you know how to look for good deals.
              Last edited by momaka; 01-06-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                Bingo!!
                Originally posted by momaka View Post
                For me, it's more like obsolete junk that no one wants.
                Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....so if you want it, then it isn't obsolete junk. I have plenty of that around here....that I make systems out of. When I'm dead and gone, maybe they'll be worth millions!
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

The price inflation is probably due to demand. Not everyone is tech savvy, I bet people just buy the "latest" cheaper model without knowing (nor asking) what the difference is.

Comment

I saw that at the Lebanon, New Hampshire Best Buy, the farking insane-price-virus spreaded to the Radeon RX 550! Shit!

It's official, the video-card-version-of-2011!

It's like farking 2011 again, except it's not the HDD prices and are the video card prices instead!

I hope Linus Torvalds tells Nvidia, "fuck you" again!
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-03-2018, 08:22 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

^
                      Please stop removing the "S" from the http in your signature image...I'm tired of putting it back every time you do.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

You can thank all the "crypto-miners" for the recent video card prices hikes. It's impossible to find a GTX1080 and 1080TI for what they sold for a year ago. Should have anticipated that and bought a few, then sold for a chunky profit now.

I imagine that is what's pushing more gamers to buy GTX 1050, 1060, and 1070 cards now, as the 1080 is pretty much unobtanium, quickly snatched up for cryptocurrency purposes.

Lol, what a shitty times to be a gamer.

Comment

The games I play would run fine on any 10yr old GPU....and I like real money on imaginary money, do I don't crypto-mine..... I'm good!
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                            You can thank all the "crypto-miners" for the recent video card prices hikes. It's impossible to find a GTX1080 and 1080TI for what they sold for a year ago. Should have anticipated that and bought a few, then sold for a chunky profit now.

I imagine that is what's pushing more gamers to buy GTX 1050, 1060, and 1070 cards now, as the 1080 is pretty much unobtanium, quickly snatched up for cryptocurrency purposes.

Lol, what a shitty times to be a gamer.
                            I have about 4 Voodoo5 5500 agp cards, 8 GF 6800 agp, 5 GF 7800 agp cards that are being held back to sell on eBay for funding my 2nd retirement.

Comment

^
                              Please stop removing the "S" from the http in your signature image...I'm tired of putting it back every time you do.
                              The Game Tracker signature? I see the "S" there... Why is it disappearing???
                              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                                The Game Tracker signature? I see the "S" there... Why is it disappearing???
                                It'll only disappear if someone removes it... I've fixed it several times to stop the 'mixed content' messages.
                                Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                                I have about 4 Voodoo5 5500 agp cards
                                I've got 2, for the same reason. One is unopened, in its original box.
                                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                Team Stats

Comment

nVidia has some gall charging the amount that they do for their new stuff.

Oh well, there's a sucker born every minute. In our case, we have a whole generation of suckers who are willing to fork over hundreds of dollars for a GPU, and rot their brains streaming their video game sessions to their friends.

Myself, I have a lowly Radeon 7770 and it plays every game perfectly fine at 1600x1200 with antialiasing turned off.
                                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

^
                                    Looks like Game Tracker automatically removes the "S" when I select the "forum" option...

Yes, HTTPS is working like a charm for Game Tracker, but OTOH, FYI, the YouTube embedded player isn't usable with the "S", it simply don't appear, IIRC.
                                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-04-2018, 06:46 PM.
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

its all good.
                                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                      Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                      X