Output Voltage: +5Vsb | 4.75V - 5.25V
    +5Vsb | 4.75V - 5.25V
    +18V | 17.0V - 19.0V
    +24V | 23.0V - 25.0V

Output Current: +5Vsb | 0.15A ~ 1.5A
    +5Vsb | 0.35A ~ 3.5A
    +18V | 0.3A ~ 3.0A | Peak 4.0A
    +24V | 0.8A ~ 8.0A | Peak 10.5A
    Does anyone have the accurate pinout diagram & specs for the PSM217-404-H-R ?? I have two of these 281D and both ps are toast ... recap on one didnt resolve the issue. I am trying to find enough info to see if a PC ATX (20 or 24 pin) 400watt would have the ability to drive both of them through a breadboarded adapter.

Optionally, a ps I am thinking of using is a design to supplement power to higher end graphics card, not a regular motherboard (only plugs into a PCIe card, and an adapter that gets the ground/startup signal from the PC ATX connect to the 24 pin motherboard connector). It fits into a singe 5.25" bay.
    Maybe that might be simpler?

No previous experience ... will be my first electronics project .. lol .. cant solder due to hand shakes but I think a breadboard should be doable by myself.

ANY suggestions?

Re: computer PS to power two HansG 281D ?? HELP PLEASE

I think someone else had a similar question about 24V recently, and the same suggestion still holds: you'll need to buy DC-DC converters - two, one for 18V and one for 24V, and maybe four - two each - because it requires so much current (peak 4A and 10.5A).

The ATX PSU are so tightly designed you won't get more than around 14V or so before it self destructs...at least most of them...

With the cost of the DC-DC converters you might end up having to just get the dedicated PSU anyway... oh well...

Reference thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54430
    Last edited by eccerr0r; 07-13-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

sounds like we need to fix the original psu's

Comment

This is what I have on hand http://support.thermaltakeusa.com/Pr...C=1432&ID=1543

(by my minimal electrical understanding)
        Running the two rails together gives me enough for the 24V as long as I dont turn on both monitors simultaneously. I can use 2@ 19v laptop ps @4.5 A for the 18V and a 5V wall wart for the +5Vsb. I have all these sitting in a box.

I already tried to have the 1 psm217 fixed professionally twice (and get quotes of $70/hr at a third computer shop, if in fact they will do it) and tried to buy another PSM217 off ebay and ended up with a FSP217 delivered.

That, my friends, is why I am thinking way out of not throwing these two nice monitors away.

Comment

you cant drive that in series.

you can buy 24v supplies easy enough, but then you still need 18v for something.

Comment

show the original psu's and full part numbers.
            and upload the foto's here - dont use photofuckit or any other hosts.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions: I guess repair is really the only option.

I resized as per FAQ ... hope they stick correctly.

This is the ps that had some cap replaced ... those caps are without the black dot markings on the top ... I can get the exact specs on the replacements installed if needed: basically same values but with higher temp ratings (all based on previous recommendations I have seen here on the forum) but as available as far as make

pink on the images is (I think) thanks to lighting in the location they were taken .. if they arent clear enough I will try to get outdoor pix taken.

There was a trace lifted on the bottom .. this was after I retrieved ps from first store that tried to fix it (they lost the heat sink removeable plate as well), but I didnt have a pix to show that they had damaged it so I had no recourse.

The tech that replaced the caps insisted that it was better to wire a connection following the same path rather than try to replace the trace itself.

this is a rev A2

Looking forward to recommendations
              Attached Files

Comment

there is more there than meets the eye.
                thre is a thin track going under that jump wire - i wonder if it's also ripped.
                what kind of a bastard rips a track and calles themselves a "profesional" anyway!
                not to mention, it looks like some of those caps may be panasonic NHG series (silver on black)
                those arent suitable for a psu, only low esr like FC or FR series.

Comment

Working...
                X