LeCroy LC Series Oscilloscope LCD Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeCroy LC Series Oscilloscope LCD Conversion

Over a year ago, I decided to convert my LeCroy LC Series oscilloscope to an LCD display.
    The fit of an 8.4 inch LCD (Mitsubishi AA084VC03 to be exact) in the bezel was just about perfect, and I crafted the brackets to fit the LCD in the oscilloscope from scrap sheet metal, which was then covered in electrical tape.
    Other parts used were a compatible VGA LCD controller and its corresponding AC power supply.
    To hide the shiny metal surround of the LCD assembly, I placed electrical tape on the LCD screen before carefully painting the surround black (the tape was then removed when the paint was completely dry).
    However, the front panel controls can be accessed through a gap in the bezel, and the AUTO button (adjusts picture size to the video source) should only be performed when a test pattern is displayed through the service menus of the oscilloscope (active video area extremities are used).

Overall, the end result was quite good.
    Attached Files
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: LeCroy LC Series Oscilloscope LCD Conversion

Very nice!
    I take it the LeCroy internally uses VGA signalling for its CRT tube?
    Did you have any issues with the VGA signal timing/resolution on the LCD?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

LeCroy are pc based.

Comment

How hard it would be, to upgrade a Rigol DS1054 to a bigger screen?

Comment

probably impossible,
          afaik the rigol uses a digital matrix panel, not a "monitor" panel.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
            Over a year ago, I decided to convert my LeCroy LC Series oscilloscope to an LCD display.
            The fit of an 8.4 inch LCD (Mitsubishi AA084VC03 to be exact) in the bezel was just about perfect, and I crafted the brackets to fit the LCD in the oscilloscope from scrap sheet metal, which was then covered in electrical tape.
            Other parts used were a compatible VGA LCD controller and its corresponding AC power supply.
            To hide the shiny metal surround of the LCD assembly, I placed electrical tape on the LCD screen before carefully painting the surround black (the tape was then removed when the paint was completely dry).
            However, the front panel controls can be accessed through a gap in the bezel, and the AUTO button (adjusts picture size to the video source) should only be performed when a test pattern is displayed through the service menus of the oscilloscope (active video area extremities are used).

Overall, the end result was quite good.
            Nice looking scope.

Comment

Working...
            X