Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > General Topics > Custom Tweaks, Modifications, and Revisions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #161
jiroy
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Beirut
My Country: Lebanon
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Computer fan noise and maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by momaka View Post
Well, it certainly is nice when you have that option.

I had to fix two small fans today - 40 and 50 mm. Both are ball-bearing fans with very noisy and dry bearings. They both spun fine, but the noise they made was terrible. A few drops of oil made them a lot more quiet. Definitely not perfect, but much better than before.

Yes, I can buy cheap replacement fans on eBay, but it would take forever for them to get here and who knows how long they will last. And if I were to buy high-quality fans, that would probably cost more than what the video card and the motherboard these came out of are worth.

So sometimes you have to work with what you have on hand and do your best to fix it right.
Oh yes Momaka , sometimes you have to work with what you have on hand and do your best to fix it right , but here , it seems it is the most busy season of all seasons my friend . I'm doing my best to keep honesty in repair's time delivery .. But not much sad , money is flowing good , lol .

By the way , which kind of Oil you use Momaka ? , any brands , labels ?
jiroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #162
shakyshee

City & State: NY
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Computer fan noise and maintenance

I haven't done any major maintenance to my fan aside from sweeping off the dust in it. What I do is keep it from exceeding its maximum performance, and if I have to do so, I also keep it cool as much as possible there are some background running apps that can be closed for you to maximize the efficiency of your pc.
shakyshee is offline   Reply With Quote