Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42PJ350 Click Click Clicking

Hey there your in Tassie I see
    What is the set doing is it not staying on? I could post you resistors for the set as this was a very common issue on this set as you have probably read it baffled me for awhile

Comment

Also try that bridge optical coupler trick to see if you can force it to stay on. At this stage it couldn't hurt to try

Comment

This set works, it has all of it's voltages ( Va, Vs, 5 Volts etc ). All of the drive boards Y-sus, Z-sus the T-con and power supply all work when this set is put into the service mode. When NOT in the service mode the set will start up and the power supply will run and also will put out all of the correct voltages. The T-con even has the led light flashing. The Z-sus board is also putting out the correct voltage as the cable the goes between the Z-sus and T-con board, this is where the T-con board gets it operating voltages from. I still say the main board is faulty.
        Last edited by valiant81; 01-19-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

About to run the PS static test, will advise of result. Happy to send any boards that you want from this.

Comment

Doing the Test pattern jumper - have 10sec of green LED on Control bd, but no img. Doing P301 jumpers, STBY_5V is up but no other voltages. Uninterested in debugging PS, does @valiant81 want Main Bd posted out?

Comment

Too late - out for rubbish. Gone.

Comment

Just letting you know after 3 years the set is still rock solid after replacing them resistors.

Comment

Bolstered by the guidance provided in this thread, I ordered a replacement Power Supply Board and read through the 'training' manual linked above in preparation to install the new board (and solve the faulty startup process). I have two questions:

1) My 42PJ350 was produced in Mexico and the ID plate *does not* have the Vs/Va voltages stated below the mains voltage. The line below the 'Power' is 'Manufactured' with no space/line between to provide the configuration voltages. Is there a known fixed voltage provided by new boards for Mexico assemblies? What should I use for Va/Vs when nothing is specified on the label?

2) The training manual states that the SMPS should always have a load when voltages are set. The recommendation is two 100W lightbulbs in series on Pin 1/2 of the P811 connector. I read this as an inductive load ... but 'normal' incandescent light bulbs are no longer available - only the energy-efficient (and I assume lower inductance) LED lightbulbs. Is there an equivalent circuit that would emulate the incandescent lightbulbs needed? Or am I misinterpreting the current LED lightbulb electrical characteristics (I have not actually 'tested' one)?

The SMPS board I purchased is 'new' so Va and VS are factory set.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
                    I disabled my bridge override pc101 and
                    I replaced R108 / R109 / R110 / R111 / R112 / R113 Tv now works and doesn't turn off.
                    hi

can you explain please how you disable protection on pc101 i have same tv and same problem?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mileta5 View Post
                      hi

can you explain please how you disable protection on pc101 i have same tv and same problem?

thanks
                      I bridged the two pins on the cold side to complete the circuit

Comment

I bridged the two pins on the cold side to complete the circuit
                        you mean make shoort citcut on optocupler where is photo transistor or on cold side board?
                        Last edited by mileta5; 08-23-2021, 02:33 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Yes on cold side of that optocoupler
                          Pc101 pin 3 and pin 4
                          Last edited by Amraks; 08-23-2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Yes on cold side of that optocoupler
                            Pc101 pin 3 and pin 4
                            thanks frend,problem is solved

Comment

Did you replace them resistors?

The only reason I did this was to test the the voltage drop on the resistors .
                              Then i replaced resistors.

Comment

Did you replace them resistors?

The only reason I did this was to test the the voltage drop on the resistors .
                                Then i replaced resistors.
                                i remove one by one resistor and test it and all have resistance ok

Comment

Replace all I labelled these go faulty under load.
                                  Then take the bridge out tv should stay on

Comment

Replace all I labelled these go faulty under load.
                                    Then take the bridge out tv should stay on
                                    ok thanks will replace

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
                                      Hey guys I got a Plasma TV on my bench - first one I have ever looked at

I've done some googling and basic faulty finding already

When powered up the relays on the PSU go click-click-click every 5-10 seconds. I didn't time it but it's a regular repeating cycle like clockwork.

Also the owner says if you leave it plugged in, the TV will sometimes power up on it's own and then run OK for maybe an hour or more, then suddenly shut down again. I've not seen this myself but don't see why it would not be honest info.

I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXfYZ6-iwQ and the fault seems to be the same symptoms and this guy also mentions the TV will sometimes power up.

As per the video I checked the fuses, 22R resistors and diode (out of circuit).

Now something is really puzzling me about this guy in his video. At around 3min 15sec he is testing the diode and says it is faulty because it has a forward voltage drop of 0.204 when a diode should have 0.4V-0.7V he says.

But the diode is a SB140A and even before I looked for the datasheet I knew this is going to be a Schottky Barrier Rectifier http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...AY/SB140A.html and I always found these had a low forward voltage drop (even the datasheet says it has). Mine is reading about 0.16V on diode test range. So why is this guy saying that is faulty?

Anyway, I think the diode and resistors are OK, can't really test the 3BR1565 easily http://www.datasheet-pdf.info/entry/3BR1565 but would expect that would fail rather than sometimes work.

I found a couple of helpful threads on here too.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37974

I unplugged the X-Sus and Y-Sus and the power supply still click-click-clicks

Either with or without the X-Sus/Y-Sus I don't get any output on VS VA M5V even momentarily unless it is too fast for my Fluke 79 to see.

Disconnect the main board and it click-click-clicks once but does not do it again. Only rail with any output is STBY which is steady 5V both with and without main board attached.

No shorts on any supply rails on either XSus YSus or Mainboard connectors with boards attached.

Anyway sometimes it will work and shorted semiconductors don't tend to be intermittent.

But does disconnecting main board - and the clicking stops after first cycle - prove anything? Is there some pin on main board connector I need to apply a voltage without main board attached to force the PSU to run?

Or possibly I am down to the brute force method of pulling and testing all the caps on the PSU?

All look nice and clean and good visibly, but del3165 on other thread said that fixed his. Unfortunately he didn't say which caps and there are quite a few. I have ESR and Cap meter.

Any ideas to narrow this down a bit further?

Rich
                                      lo q tienes que hacer es cambiar las resistencias smd de 220k al 1% 0805
                                      r614- r615-r616-r617 2203 220k al 1% smd 0805

Comment

Working...
                                      X