X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South of France

Dear All,

My name is Eric, and very pleased to join this group, i do electronic repairs, screen, pc, phones, hifi, power supply, camera etc...everything and varied, but size must be not too big no place for that, no washing machine or big TV

(my wife told me to say that ...)

i practice and learn often, i appreciate to learn from others and it's very useful. I am happy to help if possible from my little proper experience.

I have lot of tools and devices but no lab to operate

so i really appreciate to join this Forum
    Best regards from Cagnes sur mer (near Nice)

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Dear Big Boss,

Thank you for your kind announcement. English is not my native language, but I wrote this in English. I hope I can join this forum, learning, asking, and sharing. I have found this forum since 2009 and really helpful. And still not change into a "store" if you know what I mean.

I'm rahmad and acata is my workshop name. I do repairs computers, phones, gadgets, and some industrial electronic modules since 2016.

I just have a few tools for doing some repair; basic hand tools, a computer, 1 20w mini solder, 1 65w solder (I don't have a solder station yet), a hot air blower, 0-15v 2a power supply station, 12-22v 3.8a adaptor with switchable connector (for module, notebook, and laptop) and multimeter. I don't have an oscilloscope, yet. I have to read a lot on this forum and improve my knowledge while I'm practicing and working.

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
        Hi, My name is Bert and I am 72 years old but still busy with repair audio electronics. But because of my age, my knowledge is a bit old so I sometimes use more information.

Comment

At this moment I am repairing two HK PR:O monitors but I cannot find the schematics. Is there somebody who can help met to find these schematics?

Comment

Hi guys, just joined your forums. I'm from Switzerland. Cheers!

Comment

Hi to everyone,

Electronics repair is only a hobby and most of the time I help to my friends to recover their devices. I usually try to fix various devices like laptops, monitors, car multimedia devices etc.

Thanks to all people in this community who share schematics, board views and other data.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello Everybody!

I am also a bit of a repair hobbyist helping friends and just trying to fix things instead of chucking them in the garbage. I'm happy to be here to see what I can learn from people more well versed in the subject.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hi from outer-space

Comment

hi i m davender singh from india ,doing laptop repairing from 2015 but still strugling ,thank you, but i have good knowledge if anyone need my help please ask

Comment

Hello, I'm Amantha and a bit of a 'jack of all trades' type. Good reference sites are always appreciated. A little info about me: whenever it looks like I'm playing a game on my phone I'm actually reading tech manuals for equipment I don't own. (Yep.. That kind of nerd.) ��

Comment

Hi guys, just joined your forums not to long ago. I found this place when searching for for schematics for a water damaged a2338..

Comment

Hello, I am Mondi Frankline Awa. I am a computer technician based in the Republic of South Africa. I just newly joined Badcaps.net forum and thought to post this message as means of introducing myself much more better to the forum members.
                            Thanks and kind regards

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Alexey, I'm from Kyiv. I love computers and everything connected with them, I also like to flash phones. I recently became the owner of a Dell latitude 5300 laptop with a blocked bios =) So I'm ready to try to improve my skills in working with such issues, drawing information from this forum, and at the same time improve my English level.

Comment

Hello guys, my name is Aleksandr, I'm from Luxembourg, I have expirience for repairing almost all electronic devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc. I have some equipment for that, but sometimes I need an advice.
                                Best regards,
                                Aleksandr.

Comment

Hallo an alle hier im Forum, bin auch neu hier, um mein Elektronik Hunger zu stillen. Vor allem bin ich auf der Suche nach Hilfe bei Reparaturen und vielleicht finde ich hier einfacher Erklärung zu Beuteilen die ich sonst bisher nicht im www finden konnte, warum auch immer. Ein erstes Beispiel wäre da ein 8 Pin IC mit der Aufschrift Q100 VA03. Konnte bisher kein Datenblatt dazu finden. Bin auch kein Profi.

Comment

Hello,I have little skills at repair motherboards

Comment

Hello, My name is Peter (User Name Peter 04) and I am in my 4th year of Electronics Engineering. I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I have started to take an interest in repairing old equipment, I'm currently in the process of repairing a Sony Betamax SL-S2000 Video recorder; I discovered this forum while looking for the schematic and datasheet for the STK5478 Regulator. - Any Help would be very much appreciated.
                                      Thanks for your help, Best Regards - Peter

Comment

Hi!

I'm just a a little college student that's really into tinkering and I really love repairing electronics and preventing e-waste

Comment

Hello, my name is Filip, I'm from Poland and time to time I need to repair some electronics of my family members .

Comment

Working...
                                          X