Dell G5 5587 - does not always see the battery and does not charge it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell G5 5587 - does not always see the battery and does not charge it

Good morning, the patient on the table is a Dell G5 5587. Board designation: LA-E993P.
    Laptop after flooding, the main flooding is around the charger and slightly at the matrix connector.
    The old battery after this flooding was damaged, it was not detected and with the help of NLBA1 I could not charge it either. Ordered new, original, can be charged with NLBA1.
    The laptop, on the other hand, does not see it at all, sometimes it sees it for a moment, shows the battery status as excellent (but does not start charging, IDLE status) and again changes to not installed status. PSU power is detected correctly (130W original).
    Measurements made on connected battery + laptop running to bios
    Voltages at the battery connector:
    PIN 1 to 3 - 0.22V
    PIN 4 - 3.303V
    PIN 5 - 3.286V
    PIN 6 - 3.306V (even if I grounded it nothing changed)
    PIN 7 - 0V
    PIN 8 to 10 - GND

PU700:
    PIN15 - 0.033V
    PIN16 - 3.3V
    PIN17 - 0.222V
    PIN18 - 0.255V
    PIN19 - 0.22V
    PIN20 - 0.224V
    PIN21 - 0.74V

What to measure next? Please help me and best regards

Re: Dell G5 5587 - does not always see the battery and does not charge it

Remove the battery. Attach only the power adapter. Now pin #15 should be a logic 1 = ~3v.

Confirm it at the battery connector. Confirm the same signal status is reaching pin #15 of the charger IC @ pu700.

Power down and attach the battery again. This status line should return to a logic low. The same logic low should be present at pin #15 of pu700. Confirm directly at the ic pin.

If the charger IC fails to detect the battery present pin then it will not charge the battery.

With both the battery and charger attached, carefully measure the voltage of each pin on pu700 (charger IC).

Post the readings and the pin # being measured.

Comment

Working...
    X