HP 17 DAY11AMB6E0 revE problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 17 DAY11AMB6E0 revE problem

Voltage on pin 1/3/4/5 of U2. If not populated, measure on the pads.
    What is the resistance on pin4/5/40?(Resistance measurement without any power source connected)
    Flash clean me bios while making a backup of yours.
    Does voltage comes up on pin40/4 if you disconnect the lvds cable/screen?

Comment

I found that 19v pins of flat cable was broken, so i connected with wire, but still nothing. cn2 pins1,2. Display now have 19v.

U2, L8 no stuff, so pin1 float. pin3=3.3v, pin4,5=3.3v
      resistance on cn2, pin4=100k, pin5=82k, pin40=9k
      Voltage not coming on cn2 pin40,4, before bios change.
      My bios backup https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117293
      Last edited by piernov; 03-26-2023, 01:58 PM.

Comment

There is possibility someone else changed that bios. According for signals coming to turn on display, i think bios its not for LVDS, but board it is !
        Maybe i can stuff missing resistors R50 , R51 and R36 ... so display maybe come.
        Last edited by baddjavo; 03-26-2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

If you have pin3/4/5 at 3.3V at U2, there should be 3.3V on Pin1. Thats how it works. Pin40 of edp connector is connected with U2,pin1 and resistance at 9K is bit low here in my opinion. I think your problem is in U3(RTD2136R) and perhaps may need a replacement. Strat probing U3.

Comment

Originally posted by baddjavo View Post
            There is possibility someone else changed that bios. According for signals coming to turn on display, i think bios its not for LVDS, but board it is !
            Maybe i can stuff missing resistors R50 , R51 and R36 ... so display maybe come.
            Resistor R50/51/36 are not populated and just shortpads on PCB-so no point stuffing them. You can confirm that both ends of these resistor pads will show 0 Ohms on your multimeter.

Bios can do a whole lot of things and so should'nt be ruled out. However, here RTD2136 seems the source of problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              Resistor R50/51/36 are not populated and just shortpads on PCB-so no point stuffing them. You can confirm that both ends of these resistor pads will show 0 Ohms on your multimeter.

Bios can do a whole lot of things and so should'nt be ruled out. However, here RTD2136 seems the source of problem.
              Nope friend. resistors aren't shortpads ! Confirmed with ohm meter, confirmed with voltage measurement !

But i can short them and see what can get.

Possible rtd2136 error !

I'am asking u direct question please respond. Is this display LVDS or eDP ?? Look in schematic, according to elements onboard we have LVDS.

Comment

The board is designed with multiple options for manufacturers. here both edp and LVDS option is designed but ultimately LVDS is implemented and thats why you dont need R50/51/36 resistors. No point shorting them. I still advise to probe RTD2136 pins.

Choice is yours whether you want to agree or disagree. Remember, we're just trying to help members without any fee and the machine always remains in your hand-so there are limitations on our part.

Comment

RTD2136 pins voltages

Don't know which pins are outputs.
                  Guess pin 44 is input coming from EC chip, pin81 EMU_LID. Maybe need something to trigger EC.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by baddjavo; 03-28-2023, 01:52 AM.

Comment

All the inputs are met but RTD2136 is not giving proper output. Needs to be replaced.

Comment

Thank you mcplslg123 !
                      Now we need to wait till china order come

Comment

After chip replacement i got picture but triple.

I have used lots of different bios files. Maybe that is problem.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bios is not at fault here.My doubt goes on screen. If you have spare screen, try replacing it.

Comment

Working...
                          X