Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Rog Laptop new battery still 0% Biard issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus Rog Laptop new battery still 0% Biard issue?

Remove all power. Check the resistance across the mosfet pins - see the earlier posts for details. checking for a low resistance values on the mosfet pins.

Comment

ok will check tom

Comment

Well didnt go to work today but will be there tom God willing.. But are these 2 mosfets the same or compatible? i tried searching the new one in google nothing is comimg up.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the same.

Datasheet is attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Something must have happened or the board finally shows its "real face". Most likely you're dealing with a short to GND of the main power rail.

So my advice will be to check Source and Drain of bith DC-IN mosfets to GND, in Ohms mode.
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
              Yes, the same.

Datasheet is attached.
              ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                Something must have happened or the board finally shows its "real face". Most likely you're dealing with a short to GND of the main power rail.

So my advice will be to check Source and Drain of bith DC-IN mosfets to GND, in Ohms mode.
                a bunch of components are measuring 1-2 ohms to ground.. The 2nd dc jack mosfets drain also the fuse next to it and many more components ( both ends ) are measuring 1 ohm to ground..
                Attached Files

Comment

The picture is a bit blurry but the 'fuse' is very likely a current sense resistor. It is, by design, a very low resistance component and is used to measure the current draw of the main power rail.

The charger IC will monitor the voltage going INto the current sense resistor and monitor the OUTput from the current sense resistor. There will be a small voltage drop across this resistor as there is a load on the line. The charger IC will read this small voltage drop and multiply it by a factor to determine the actual current being consumed by the load.

Have you replaced this 2nd DCin mosfet?

Either way, flux and remove this mosfet and then measure the resistance to ground again to see if the fault is gone or not.

Comment

i removed the 2nd mosfet but still drain is shorted to ground ? should i install a new mosfet?

Comment

Since CLR(Current sense resistor) located just after 2nd dc-in mosfet is showing 1 ohms to GND, its a clear cut short on +19V rail. Remove the CLR and check which side is shorted to GND and then proceed to inject 1V on the shorted side and wait for 5 mins. Try to feel if anything is warm. Voltage injection should'nt exceed 1V.

Comment

Found the culprit , was the little moafet right above the old exploded cap burnt area.. was shorted in all directions.. removed it now short seems gone.. from the areas i mentioned..

Are these 2 mosfets the same

old one was G4 GUD 6UOI05

Replacement
                        KO3M5 DNS 0391

if not can you help me find the correct one from the US or if not from Ali express is ok
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                          Since CLR(Current sense resistor) located just after 2nd dc-in mosfet is showing 1 ohms to GND, its a clear cut short on +19V rail. Remove the CLR and check which side is shorted to GND and then proceed to inject 1V on the shorted side and wait for 5 mins. Try to feel if anything is warm. Voltage injection should'nt exceed 1V.

What do you think ?

Comment

Can we be sure that the measurement is truly 1 ohms or is the meter scale too low and reporting the resistance to be over limit?

Post a picture of the meter face with the setting showing the measurement. Is the resistance auto scaling or has a dial to select the range? If it is a manual range selector, switch to a higher scale till you have a valid reading.

Comment

Can we be sure that the measurement is truly 1 ohms or is the meter scale too low and reporting the resistance to be over limit?

Post a picture of the meter face with the setting showing the measurement. Is the resistance auto scaling or has a dial to select the range? If it is a manual range selector, switch to a higher scale till you have a valid reading.

Once i removed that little mosfet near the birnt cap area the short is gone now. but can i power it on without that mosfet, can i bypass it for testing purposes untill i get a new mosfet?

Comment

No, you must not power the board with missing components, especially when parts of a buck converter are missing. And there is no way to bypass it. It would be more important to know which rail is supplied here. Probably something related with the VRM circuit.
                                Although you still persist in hiding measurements, you were asked for (i don't understand this behaviour tbh), from observatios it strongly looks like a shorted high-side. That's bad news in case of it happened in VRM section.
                                Last edited by Sephir0th; 03-30-2023, 12:14 AM.
                                FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                                  No, you must not power the board with missing components, especially when parts of a buck converter are missing. And there is no way to bypass it. It would be more important to know which rail is supplied here. Probably something related with the VRM circuit.
                                  Although you still persist in hiding measurements, you were asked for (i don't understand this behaviour tbh), from observatios it strongly looks like a shorted high-side. That's bad news in case of it happened in VRM section.
                                  So you need the ohm readings for the little mosfet ? its off the board is that fine? what other measuremnts do you need?

Comment

I'm not sure what I can respond to this type of question. It might be already to late for the device, but in my opinion it would be the best to take it to a proper repair shop.
                                    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

really are you guys giving up on me? ive cleared the short now just waiting in those mosfets to come in. The G4 GUD . Ill install that and test for shorts again

Comment

Post #73

Comment

Post #73

its not 1 ohm anymore since i removed that little mosfet it was bad, waiting on them to arrive. The G4 GUD , unless can i find a compatible one off a macbook board ? or dell or hp boards? is there a site that checks cross compatibe mosfets ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X