23. DRV On - 0.
    24. P-dim 1 - 2.96
    25. G. - 0.
    26 sclk - 0
    27. Vsync - 0.
    28. Sin - 0

Comment

Re: LG 70UH6350 Mainboard issue

You did ask for help on your mainboard. I gave you some voltages. But while we are on power board does your voltage change on Pwr on and DRV On when you press your power button?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        You did ask for help on your mainboard. I gave you some voltages. But while we are on power board does your voltage change on Pwr on and DRV On when you press your power button?
        Sorry I'm new to troubleshooting mainboards. Not sure where to check For those voltages you mentioned a few post back.

As for the pwr on and dvr on I'll have to check tomorrow what they are in Standby. The ones I provided are after hitting the power button to turn on.

Comment

I think drv_on is your backlights. Probably should have a voltage if not in standby.

Comment

That would make sense because the backlights don’t come on.

Comment

If you activate backlights I wonder if you would get a picture.

Comment

Possibly, would it damage anything else doing that. There’s several smd caps that are shorted to ground. I just don’t want to cause more problems. But I can try….

Comment

Try unplugging everything from the mainboard you are testing if you haven't already and see if you still have the shorts, lots of things can cause it, recently had a wire on the power to mainboard cable fried and it made many caps test short on mainboard when all boards were hooked up, need to track down the short if you have one, what procedure are you using when testing?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Try unplugging everything from the mainboard you are testing if you haven't already and see if you still have the shorts, lots of things can cause it, recently had a wire on the power to mainboard cable fried and it made many caps test short on mainboard when all boards were hooked up, need to track down the short if you have one, what procedure are you using when testing?
                    I removed the main board from the tv. So nothing else hooked up. Then I started testing all the smd caps and found them shorted to ground along with an 8 pin ic which I removed and it tested fine out of circuit.

Haven't started removing any bad caps yet to see if one of them failed and caused the short.

Comment

And you still have the shorted caps with that IC removed?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        And you still have the shorted caps with that IC removed?
                        Yes, caps still shorted

Comment

my post#11

this is wrong way you walking on.. take out the powerboards on the table alone and just jumper STBY and Pwr on .. messures yours 24V it should 24 or little less not 27 as you wrote . any time you plug the MB with this PCB will toasted more.

Comment

He has shorted caps on the mainboard with it unplugged from everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              my post#11

this is wrong way you walking on.. take out the powerboards on the table alone and just jumper STBY and Pwr on .. messures yours 24V it should 24 or little less not 27 as you wrote . any time you plug the MB with this PCB will toasted more.

I have 24v on the power supply when it’s powered on. But when I plug in the mainboard it jumps to 27v.

So it’s the main board that is the problem. Not the power supply. We have confirmed this.

Now I need to find out what is shorted on the main board causing all the smd caps to be shorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                                I have 24v on the power supply when it's powered on. But when I plug in the mainboard it jumps to 27v. .
                                then good, 24V rail on MB used only for Audio amp / Tuner / and DC to DC 5V.

Comment

Ok, we are making some progress. So what should I be testing or looking for now? Bad IC or do you think one of those smd caps is shorted causing everything else to be short

Comment

i dont think so.most caps will be mounted withhin chassis iif one short MB will cutoff pwr on.
                                    each circuit i mentioned before working with 24V line. all took the feed via L . disconnect on side of this L or complete out and check 24 back to normal or not.

Comment

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by Feed via L?

Comment

L = Coil you check which L had 27V mean its the line inter to the circuit we talked on. sure all the mentioned circuit will read 27 this why need to disconnect one by one and check if 24 back to normal

Comment

Ok I understand now. Thanks for the clarification I will check when I get back to the office and let you know what I find.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                          X