Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus x509f disable onboard ram possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x509f disable onboard ram possible?

Hi guys!

Is it possible to disable the onboard ram on this model?

During boot I get artefacts and the laptop hangs.

BR,
    George

Re: Asus x509f disable onboard ram possible?

same i need picture how to disable onboard ram

Comment

Asus X509F, mainboard x409fb rev 2.0.
      Disable onboard ram:
      Thanks to the boardwiev and schematic, I found out how to shut down the onboard ram.
      This configuration works, tested, I admit it's not professionally done, when soldering with hot air all 3 too small resistors flew away, I replaced them with a piece of wire and it works without a problem. Correctly, all 3 small resistors from the left side should be transferred to the right, to the positions where the piece of wire is now. I believe you will do better than me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by servisnooteboo View Post
        Asus X509F, mainboard x409fb rev 2.0.
        Disable onboard ram:
        Thanks to the boardwiev and schematic, I found out how to shut down the onboard ram.
        This configuration works, tested, I admit it's not professionally done, when soldering with hot air all 3 too small resistors flew away, I replaced them with a piece of wire and it works without a problem. Correctly, all 3 small resistors from the left side should be transferred to the right, to the positions where the piece of wire is now. I believe you will do better than me.
        Thank's for the reference man!!!
        i manage to disable onboard ram on Asus A509FA with board X509FAC Rev.2.0 using your picture as reference since they share similiar layout.

the problem was onboard ram heated up because of liquid spill and i tried your method and it works without removing ram chip from motherboard, even the system operate normally but when entering bios it's so... sloow.... do you think it's because the ram chip i didn't remove from the motherboard or the bios image?
        but for now, i'll let the owner to decide
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X