PS2 slims use polymer capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 slims use polymer capacitors?

Do we know if they do? My slim is a 70012 model, though I've seen these polymer-looking capacitors in another slim revision. The service manual says nothing (apart from the values), nor do google and the many other forums. I've already replaced all the obvious electrolytics -- with no performance problems after a year -- but these colored-top ones grouped in the back are a mystery, and I don't feel like potentially screwing up things.

I think it's odd that apparently nothing exists online addressing these capacitors in ps2 slims in the nearly 20 years the console has been around.
    Attached Files

Re: PS2 slims use polymer capacitors?

If you want to search for these capacitors online , you put their full description :
    "Polymer aluminium electrolytic capacitor Cylindrical style with a wound cell in a metal case SMDs (V-chips) style" ..

Probably you'll find or won't find their original manufacturer , due to companies merges or sold , but you'll surely find similar types .

Comment

They are referenced here https://wiki.console5.com/wiki/PlayStation_2

Comment

Wikixxxx is always good for reference , but always missing something , lol.. 2,5 Volts Caps ain't mentioned here , so I guess this bundle is commercial rather than original ..

Comment

So, yes. These are polymer caps (at least, according to Console5).

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            I saw that page before and console5's page. All I see is them alleging the things are polymer.

Comment

Working...
            X