Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying these resistors

G'day all,

new here and fairly dumb electronics wise but learning slowly. i have a project i'm working on that has some surface mount resistors that i'm not sure how to identify. one has 222 on it but the middle 2 is underlined and measures 2.1k. The other has 184 with the same underline and this measures 70 something k. These are both still in circuit. Everywhere i've searched i have not found anything relating to an underline when searching for codes. Do any of the gurus on here know what the underline means?

Cheers

Bob

Re: Identifying these resistors

last digit is the amount of zeros . so 222 becomes 2200 .or 2.2k .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      last digit is the amount of zeros . so 222 becomes 2200 .or 2.2k .
      I know that normally is the case but what does the underline mean. The 222 works that way but the 184 is totally wrong. It should read 180000k but only reads 70ish k. That's what has me confused

Comment

If the resistor is in circuit, then you are measuring parallel resistance. Best to post pictures.
        If all the digits are underlined it can indicate 5% tolerance. It may just be the way a certain manufacture indicates something?
        Last edited by R_J; 02-04-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          If the resistor is in circuit, then you are measuring parallel resistance. Best to post pictures.
          If all the digits are underlined it can indicate 5% tolerance. It may just be the way a certain manufacture indicates something?
          It's only the centre digit that is underlined. They are the only 2 resistors on the board with an underline. All the others are normal 3 digits

Comment

For 0603 ±1% E-24 series, one short bar under
            marking letter
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              For 0603 ±1% E-24 series, one short bar under
              marking letter
              Ok thank you for that. It seems it means it's 1% so i gues if i remove the 184 from circuit and test it will be 180000k.

Thanks again for the explanation

Cheers Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sudsy55 View Post
                Ok thank you for that. It seems it means it's 1% so i gues if i remove the 184 from circuit and test it will be 180000k.

Thanks again for the explanation

Cheers Bob

Comment

Working...
                X