AisHi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AisHi?

I had a bad ballast in a light fixture so I took it apart and found two AisHi 200v, 47uf caps.

This is my first AisHi cap. Are they quality or not?

Re: AisHi?

hard to say, i'v only seen them in things that get too hot.

Comment

The AisHi caps don't look bad but I was thinking about saving the package their on for the future if AisHi is a quality brand Cap.

If AisHi is crap it's going in the trash.

Comment

Aishi seems to be pretty reliable, i think i've only seen one fail.
        I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

I don't know, but if you ask me... if it isn't a quality Japanese brand, it's probably cheap trash. While some cheap brands last longer than others, they are all still junk compared to good quality caps.

Also with a cap name like that, I think we can pronounce it: Ah, Shiiiiii.........

Comment

One thing that would affect how long these capacitors will last is how they're used. For example, if they're use in a low stress application then it may last a long time but if you put it in something that puts a lot of stress on it's capacitors then it may not last too long.
            I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

i'v only seen them smoothing rectified mains in ccfl's
              so they where only running at 100Hz

Comment

I have seen them in other applications as well, but indeed, they tend to find their way primarily in CCFL ballasts. They are also available to buy here from local suppliers. They are not terrible, but definitely not my first choice.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Seen them in a 75inch LED TV as the main caps. The said TV is still working fine after i replaced 2 shorted power mosfet due to rainwater intrusion.

I guess they are good because this 75inch TV was heavily used in a DCS system in a manufacturing company and working 24/7 for more than 5 years. I have seen and tested the caps and without any sign of leak or bulge.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rayfloyd170; 11-02-2022, 01:59 AM.

Comment

i use hundreds of them for recaping old sound devices.but only from 1mf to 100mf.from WH series never use on smps i don't trust.but i see the above post picture is on tv smps.i give a try.my opinion is a good fair brand and reliable not the top one.i prefer to use aishi instead samhwa or samxon.

Comment

I have a panasonic plasma TV full of them; ironic....panasonic product with non-panasonic caps.....but they appear ok and the TV works....so I guess life is good.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                      Team : 49813
                      Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                      X