Is this a fake Fluke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a fake Fluke?

Ordered this from china. Should have been a Fluke 87 can anyone confirm how to see if this is even a genuine Fluke?
    Attached Files
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Re: Is this a fake Fluke?

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
    Ordered this from china. Should have been a Fluke 87 can anyone confirm how to see if this is even a genuine Fluke?
    Can you post a link to sale?

That for sure is no Fluke 87. It has an old vintage AVO analog meter. It looks like a REAL authentic AVO.

Lots of UK folks love them over at

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=36

PS. I have never seen a counterfeit Fluke or know of any (so far). The 15B and 17B are made for the Chinese market.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-15-2012, 07:15 AM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I was only messing

I just came across it whilst surfing the net.

Comment

This is the closest I have seen recently to a "fake" Fluke 87V. Ebay auctions are asking $100 USD for this multimeter. I'll take a 20 year used Fluke 83, 85, or 87 (first generation) anyday for $100 versus the VC87.

http://vicimeter.en.alibaba.com/prod...eter_VC87.html

Funny, the upper right shows APO which stands for Auto Power Off (the industry standard acroynm). Look at what the etching on the body says.

BTW, the VC87 is the Vichy VC99 with the added automotive feature and True RMS. The Vichy 99 got slammed by Dave Jones in the $50 shootout.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yeah I have seen lots of those VC models floating around ebay!

Took me a while! 'Auto Off Power' Nice.

Just watched his video and when he is checking the Temp he goes ' what a heap of shit! "

Funny

Comment

I forgot to point out if "*LIGIT > 2 sec" means the backlight comes on after holding the button down for 2 seconds, then someone at Vici needs a spellchecker.

Yes, I know there is a blue button to toggle between AC and DC, but what moron decided to use a squiggle and solid line together as a symbol for the V setting? It sure confuses the heck out of your international audience.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X