Create MEAnalyzer executable from Github Python Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create MEAnalyzer executable from Github Python Scripts

Each new release of ME Analyzer only has the scripts but no executable file. It's handy for me to just run the exe in Windows, so came up with the following guide for those that might want it. Didn't see anywhere else how to do it, apologies if it is documented somewhere and I've just missed it.

ME Analyzer – create Windows executable from Python script from GitHub

1. Install Python 3.xx from https://www.python.org/downloads/ – select to add Python to PATH during installation. Current version is Python V3.11.

2. Open an elevated Windows Command Prompt Window to run the following steps.

3. Confirm Python is correctly installed; enter
    py --version
    (should return Python 3.xx.x if ok)

4. Confirm PIP is installed (should be part of the source installation of Python)
    py -m pip --version
    (should return pip 22.3.1 or similar)

5. Confirm PIP, setuptools and wheel are up to date;
    py -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel

6. Install MEAnalyzer pre-requisites:
    py -m pip install colorama crccheck pltable

7. Download source.zip from latest release of ME Analyzer:
    https://github.com/platomav/MEAnalyzer/releases

8. Extract source.zip to a directory (e.g. C:\MEAnalyzer-r316)

9. In a command prompt window, install auto-py-to-exe:
    py -m pip install auto-py-to-exe

10. Run auto-py-to-exe:
    py -m auto_py_to_exe

11. From auto_py_to_exe GUI;
    Script Location, Browse to path to extracted ME Analyzer contents above (e.g. C:\MEAnalyzer-r316) and select MEA.py
    Select One File
    Select Windows Based

12. Click Convert .PY to .EXE

13. Click Open Output Folder and copy MEA.exe to your MEAnalyzer directory.

14. Future versions of MEAnalyzer, you just need to proceed from step 7 usually.
    Last edited by reformatt; 02-06-2023, 07:40 AM.

Re: Create MEAnalyzer executable from Github Python Scripts

nice, this will help someone

Comment

@reformatt, Nice detailed steps. Though the information is available on net but its not in the same website. You have nicely summed it up.

Comment

G`day reformatt, nice guide, have added the link to the ME Cleaning guide thread - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...826#post987826
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i tried the steps you described but got an error
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mOri View Post
            i tried the steps you described but got an error
            don't use "Select Windows Based", select the other option. this worked for me

Comment

Not sure about that error, as I don't see that on my system. Are you using Powershell or Command Console? I use the latter with admin rights.

Edit: Ok I see the error occurs after you launch the EXE. This has started happening on the latest release r318 (r316 did not have this problem). Can confirm using console based during exe creation solves the problem.
              Last edited by reformatt; 02-21-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

thank you very much, that help me

Comment

very nice info .thanks. you helped me.

Comment

I was wondering how to make (.exe) file for ME Analyzer, and I found this thread by a coincidence.
                    Thanks for sharing this helpful information, I tried with (MEAnalyzer-1.283.3-r312), got the same Error as in Post #5 and I avoided it by choose (Console Based). Now everything is working fine.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Legend!

Just got my programmer today , I work in different locations from time to time & would like to know if this will allow me to run the exe on pc's without python installed?

Comment

thank you g

Comment

Originally posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
                          Legend!

Just got my programmer today , I work in different locations from time to time & would like to know if this will allow me to run the exe on pc's without python installed?
                          Yes, all dependencies are bundled into the exe. It runs on my workshop machine which does not have Python installed for example.

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

1、Install Pyinstaller, use the following command to install(win10)
                              pip install pyinstaller

2、Place "package.bat" and the downloaded file in the same directory

3、Run "package.bat”

The generated EXE files are placed in the dist directory. Place the DAT file in the same directory as the generated EXE file

Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:34 AM. Reason: english translation

Comment

Thanks, worked like a charm. I chose "Console based" just to be sure.

Comment

@reformatt
                                  Thank you.

Comment

very thankful brother

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Thank you very much....Its work with "console base" option

Comment

Working...
                                        X