ASUS N56VM dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS N56VM dead

I have an Asus N56VM with the N56VM Mianboard V2.3; the computer is dead with no lights on at all.
    I have measured 19.3V on A/D_DOCK_IN, but I'm only seeing 0.76V on AC_BAT_SYS. There is no 3V at the power switch, so I'm clearly missing the standby rails. I do not have a schematic, just the repair guide and the board files; can someone tell me where to look for the source of the standby supplies?

Re: ASUS N56VM dead

You have the boardview of your motherboard, don't be lazy. You have to follow the circuit and you will find the faulty component.

Comment

I'm not being lazy, I have the boardview but no circuit!
      Looking at the repair guide, there's a power switch marked EMB07P03G, obviously a MOSFET, but where is it on the board? It is shown as having A/D_DOCK_IN, AC_BAT_SYS, and CHG_ACIN_OK# signals, the latter isn't even in the Boardview file, and I can't find any component that has the 1st two signals on it.

Comment

Yes, I called you lazy because you have the PC board in front of you and I only have the boardview to solve your problem. So if the boardview is the same as your motherboard, you start with the DC jack which is J6002. Next you have four coils connected to two N-MOSFETs (PQ8801 and PQ8802). After follow the circuit connected to the MOSFET, if you give the voltages of all the components connected from the DC jack to the charging circuit (PU8802 BQ24725A), it will be a learning process for you and easier for the technicians who want to help you.

Comment

I know I'm being very hard on you, but you have to understand that I don't have the motherboard with me. You need to read the components voltages from the DC connector to the charging circuit. If you follow the boardview you can do the circuit. I already give you the mosfets to read the voltages. It's up to you if you want to continue troubleshouting your laptop.

Comment

Working...
          X