Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN60F8500 - Hdmi no signal

Looking at a PN60F8500 Main board number BN94-06205B

Only HDMI 4 works. 1 2 and 3 will detect but do not display and image. Just gets a no signal message after the time out.

My prime suspect is the sii9687 HDMi switching chip. I went over solder joints with no change. I am inclined to just change the chip out but the only source i can find is form china with a significant lead time.

I have searched everywhere for anyone talking about this issue, all i can really find is a few eBay listing for repair services.

Any chance anyone has any idea what they might be doing in these repair services?

Ive looked over the data sheet for the sii9687 and it seems dead simple. 4 inputs one output and a few DDC/EDID channels. If i am getting HDMI 4 i have to assume that everything from the output to the display is working correctly. and there is nothing of consequence (as far as i can tell) between the HDMI ports and the sii9687.

Looking for some thoughts on this, always appreciated of course.

Re: PN60F8500 - Hdmi no signal

Have you tried a firmware update? Latest version seems to be (1215.2 Feb 01,2017)

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Have you tried a firmware update? Latest version seems to be (1215.2 Feb 01,2017)

That was a thought as well. After taking well over an hour to download the update, it turns out the tv is already on 1217 via the automatic update. Could not downgrade to 1215 of course.

Thank you though.

Comment

Replacing that IC is a very ticklish job. If you can handle the replacement go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
          Replacing that IC is a very ticklish job. If you can handle the replacement go for it.
          Not too worried about the actual replacement. Just didnt want to tell this guy he has to wait 3 weeks for a chip to get here if i was missing a known issue about this model.

I will follow up on this thread when the replacement is done for posterity's sake.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, it can be not the switching chip, you forgot to say the brand, that is Samsung i guess, the eeprom connected to those ports can be ruined, are you a professional? If you have one programmer , also a few $ one like CH341A, you can copy the content of the port 4 to the others, if it's past 2011 you have the chance that in service menu yo have an item to rewrite them taking data from firmware area. Bye.

Comment

Replacing this chip was indeed solution. I had to by a bunch of them from china. if anyone sees these thread and needs one in the US PM me. I cant imagine i am going to use all of them in daily work.

Comment

Happy that you got your telly going again. Great job, Pardner!!!

Comment

Hi @itelite I just started having HDMI issues and think I might need a chip.

Comment

I registered here a while ago - I forget why. I don't think I can message yet since this is my second post.

Comment

Working...
                      X