Samsung UN55D6050TF Partially fixed, but need some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55D6050TF Partially fixed, but need some guidance

Samsung UN55D6050TF, it is one of the new generation thin LED TV's with the white LED illumination coming from the sides.

One of the two LED light strips had a bunch of LED's burned out because the past owner had the brightness very high, and I MANUALLY replaced all of the 100 LED's on one bar. Yes, it was a long way of doing it, but it works. I found some 56K pure white color LED for $5/100. I just did not want to spend a hundred or two on LED bar, so I used a standard Harbor Freight heat gun on Low at a distance of 1/2". It is a pain in the butt to do this work of replacing each SMT LED, but at a "Penny an hour"(which I make-for my self-which is no biggie) the job was all for a good cause of me getting it working at a minimal cost.

The TV is working, but I got a little high voltage leaking on the white LED bar near the connector, so I need to fix it with some tape as I can hear it spark.

The reason I started this thread is I mixed-up the Mylar layers of semi-translucent that go behind the LED screen as the screen looks like the wavy lines on flat plastic optical magnifiers one uses to read. The screen kinda looks like this with lines:

https://picclick.com/Pack-of-3-2X-Cr...l#&gid=1&pid=2

Obviously, I got A-Layer(s) mixed-up. I would imagine these layers are similar to most thin-screen TV's

Need some guidance oh how these layers go

Thank you,

Martin
    Last edited by MAVA; 04-09-2019, 06:23 PM.
Working...
X