TV Remote control causes volume control to turn to full loudness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Remote control causes volume control to turn to full loudness

I have an Auriga LCD TV which is a bit unusual.

Whenever I use the TV Remote to turn up the volume (or turn down the volume), the volume automatically goes to full loudness or turns completely off. I thought it might be the remote transmitting too many signals, but even if I just press the vol+ button quickly and then put my thumb over the infrared diode, it still happens. Also happens to the prog+ and prog-. Anyone has any suggestions of diagnosing (or even remedying this?)

The volume and prog control on the TV works prefectly ie. it will increment once everytime the button is pressed.

Re: TV Remote control causes volume control to turn to full loudness

Most if not all remotes are based on the infamous chiclet keyboard (a rubber keyboard with rubber/iron contacts): these contacts are prone to dirt the remote board and fake signals, so open the remote and clean both keyboard and board contacts with alcohol - isopropyl one is better but etilic one is good enough.
    If cleaning doesn't solve your problem, check for almost-dead batteries or bad capacitors (remotes should have one or two caps).

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

Re: TV Remote control causes volume control to turn to full loudness

I was going to say that "sticky" inner remote control buttons could be the problem , clean and retry. But - what you really need to do is to check the tiny button mounts for looseness as well. Each button sends a signal to the tv , but if it gets interupted and is incomplete , the last send is repeated , especially when you have a loose button connector on the remote board. That would explain why you keep getting "sound" changes on unrelated buttons. The condition can also be the same regarding any loose wire or anything on the small inner PCB board.

That's why dropping a remote can cause trouble , and eating around the remote is a no no.

Comment

Working...
      X