Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 32" Dynex DXL3210A Won't Power On

Originally posted by tieny View Post
    Well, I measured the 3 caps 1000uf 35V, and all have ESR of 0.04 ohms or less, 989.5uf, 1002 uf, and 1034 uf
    They are good. Try measuring some of the other caps on the board (if your esr meter is rated for in-circuit use)
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

SMD capacitors are the problem when measuring with my meter.

How do read capacitance from the labels on the smd caps?

Comment

SMD capacitors are the problem when measuring with my meter.

How do read capacitance from the labels on the smd caps?
        They will say something like

10v
        CZ

One line will be the capacitance, one the voltage rating, and one the series (or date code)

That only applies for the ones on your board, in the provided pictures.
        Some have the voltage and capacitance in one line, like "220A" which means 220uF, at 10v (the A = 10v)

However, those were only for one particular mfg, each one seems to have different marking styles
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Looking at the Hotter caps pic reminded me -did you check the little orange zener diodes
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Just checked them, they seem to be fine. Well, I'm giving up on this one. I'm gonna put it up for sale online for someone else who might have better luck.

Comment

Just checked them, they seem to be fine. Well, I'm giving up on this one. I'm gonna put it up for sale online for someone else who might have better luck.
              Ok
              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

We'll be back trying to fix it gain then, in a few weeks.

You could wait a while and see if elecronicsurplus finds a fix.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Thanks for all the help though! It was a good learning experience.

Comment

It can be real difficult some time to troubleshoot the problem without the service manual and the diagrams, good to take a break from it for now. May be I will run into one at the recycle place, then I will post back.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Well just put it on CL and i have an offer of 60$. Looks like i wont be working on this anymore

Comment

I have the same model and problem. I however am not Savy enough to diagnose. I can follow a walkthrough to fix if anyone can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by karkass View Post
                          I have the same model and problem. I however am not Savy enough to diagnose. I can follow a walkthrough to fix if anyone can find one.
                          You have the exact same symptoms? B/c we couldn't figure out how to fix it, we just suspected the video processing chip was bad.

But, might aswell open it up, and test voltages, and fuses!
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Mine does not even power on. It used to shut off after ten minutes. I had it apart and was looking for bad capacitors. They looked fine. I don't have testing equipment and shamefully I do not know where the fuses are located. Looking around on the web it looked like a common defect and this thread was the closest to figuring it out.

Comment

Mine does not even power on. It used to shut off after ten minutes. I had it apart and was looking for bad capacitors. They looked fine. I don't have testing equipment and shamefully I do not know where the fuses are located. Looking around on the web it looked like a common defect and this thread was the closest to figuring it out.
                              Ok, do you have a multimeter though?
                              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                                Ok, do you have a multimeter though?

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by karkass View Post
                                Mine does not even power on. It used to shut off after ten minutes. I had it apart and was looking for bad capacitors. They looked fine. I don't have testing equipment and shamefully I do not know where the fuses are located. Looking around on the web it looked like a common defect and this thread was the closest to figuring it

Without one there is little we can do to help cheap one is less than US$6?

Comment

Ok I will stop by my local radio shack and get one. Then I will open it back up and resume. Is it okay to work in this thread or should I open a new one?

Comment

Ok I will stop by my local radio shack and get one. Then I will open it back up and resume. Is it okay to work in this thread or should I open a new one?
                                    You can work in this thread if you wish.
                                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

My model is a Dynex DX-L321-10A. Im disapointed and relieved at the same time. I will have to start a new thread. I was going mad looking for the components that matched the pictures in this thread and it dawned on me. One Digit off.

Comment

I have the same model and it does a very similar thing. Yellow standby light--> turn on and it turns Blue ---> TV turns on for 2 minutes then turns off and speakers make a popping sound. BUT the light is still blue. If I click to turn off the light goes back to the yellow standby and I can repeat the same process over and over. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                        X