Samsung UN78JU7500FXZA 8 blinking light code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN78JU7500FXZA 8 blinking light code

For the first time in 4 years I unplugged my Samsung TV last evening to plug in a ROKU.
    TV is wall mounted. To clean up some loose hanging cables, I slid my TV about 8 inches to the left of its original position in order to give me a bit more space. My wall mount allows for this.
    I unplugged the TV from the wall outlet before doing this. I mounted my Dish TV box to the wall, my Samsung "oneconnect" to the wall, and used some plastic wire ties to bundle up my loose cables. Everything was plugged back in as before to the "oneconnect", Dish TV box, etc.
    After plugging the TV back in to the wall outlet, the TV will not power on. The red light is on at the bottom right of the TV. A push on either my Dish TV remote power button or my Samsung Smart Hub power button produces the following blinking light sequence:
    1) Solid red light after plugging in to the wall outlet.
    2) Pushing the power button on the remotes causes 2 rapid blinks of the red light for 4 successions, i.e., a total of 8 blinks.
    3) Solid red light after the 8 total blinks.
    I've taken the TV down and removed the back panel so that I can look at all the boards, but am unaware of any testing that I should attempt.
    I have no problem working with electronics. I'm an IT manager and am accustomed to complete computer repair/rebuilds/board replacements.
    I'm hoping someone can help me avoid the cost of a serviceman's repair.
    Please advise

Re: Samsung UN78JU7500FXZA 8 blinking light code

Lets start by uploading good clear pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards so we can see what we are dealing with.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Start with simple reset, unplug tv hold in power button for 30 seconds release, plug tv back in and try it, leave all other devices unplugged dvd player etc. til you get the tv going.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-15-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Am uploading an overall view of the back of the TV. Also, individual pics of the different boards.
        TO nomoresonys: I've spent the last several hours using the "standard" reset processes, i.e., all the ones that I could find on GOOGLE.
        PICTURES TO FOLLOW.

Comment

Ok, check your voltages #3 below, try to do it just as instructed.

Comment

Should also be able to test powerboard and backlights, with tv unplugged from power, unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, leave it unhooked, plug power cord into powerboard, see if backlights come on and stay on.

Comment

Guys:
              My computer shows the pictures have been uploaded, but I don't see them yet.

Comment

Hopefully, pictures attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

To: nomoresonys
                  Last picture of main motherboard is getting uploaded now.
                  I've watched the videos attached to your post relative to testing. I have no problems determining different boards on a computer; but, I'm a novice when it comes to the boards shown in these pictures.
                  Can you highlight one of these pictures so I'll know what to test?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pictures are a little blurry looks like connector CNM803 on the powerboard which you have pictured there is the one you want to test, see the legend/map for expected voltages?
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-16-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Be VERY CAREFUL what you touch on the HOT/DEADLY side of the powerboard, that connector is on the cold side.

Comment

I don't want to make any mistakes here, either. I'm going to send better pics of these connectors.
                        This is CN9003 - at top left of Power Board. I seen no voltages in the legend associated with it.
                        More Pics to come.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's not the one were wanting to test first.

Comment

Is there a CNM803 on your board?

Comment

This is CNM803 - at top left of Power Board just under CN9003.
                              I see no legend of any kind associated with it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is CNL802A - at top right of Power Board. Legend is there, but now what I would expect to see for voltage readings????
                                Attached Files

Comment

This is CNL802B - located just under CNL802A. Again, legend is there but not what I'd expect to see for voltage readings.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Find CM891 typical round capacitor, the legend/map should be next to it.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-16-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I've only found one labeled CA851 and am sending pic of it. I'll keep looking.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Found it - pic to follow. Don't give up on me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X