Samsung Plasma PN64D7000 Flashing Red LED No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma PN64D7000 Flashing Red LED No Power

Just a quick suggestion here, but take a look at your main board and logic board. The ribbon going between each of the boards has a double clip/latch system. Did you make sure it is A pushed in all the way so that it is clipped in properly, and B did you make sure to close the latch on both in order to make sure the contacts are secure. This must be done on both boards or strange picture issues like what you are seeing could occur.
    My company does main board repairs for this model for cycling issues, and sometimes we get calls saying the tv won't work anymore and 10 out of 10 times it is because they didn't clip it in all the way, or the latch was not pushed down. This happens so often we had to make a video for our customers. You can check it below.
    Also I didn't read every post for the last three pages, but it looks like a lot of stuff was connected and disconnected, I would double check all of those and reconnect them all just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zss69FVH6iY

Hope it is as simple as this clip.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
      Just a quick suggestion here, but take a look at your main board and logic board. The ribbon going between each of the boards has a double clip/latch system. Did you make sure it is A pushed in all the way so that it is clipped in properly, and B did you make sure to close the latch on both in order to make sure the contacts are secure. This must be done on both boards or strange picture issues like what you are seeing could occur.
      My company does main board repairs for this model for cycling issues, and sometimes we get calls saying the tv won't work anymore and 10 out of 10 times it is because they didn't clip it in all the way, or the latch was not pushed down. This happens so often we had to make a video for our customers. You can check it below.
      Also I didn't read every post for the last three pages, but it looks like a lot of stuff was connected and disconnected, I would double check all of those and reconnect them all just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zss69FVH6iY

Hope it is as simple as this clip.
      Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response. I'll go through all the connections again, but I'm pretty sure that they are all secure.

I did attempt the logic board test pattern, which removes the ribbon cable between the logic board and the main board. I would think that this removes the main board from the equation, and that I would get a good picture if everything else was working properly. However, I still get a dim, snowy picture during the test.

Comment

Does any one know about the lower buffer boards on this model?

Comment

Working...
        X