Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blaupunkt 49/235z Backlight Inoperative

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    sounds like a led issue then maybe a led failing when hot if thats possible, are all the led strips the same number if so maybe buy one strip and swap each strip in turn?
    Yes there all identical, since it was left off for 45 mins whilst I made the AA battery tester as advised above, and tested them individually, its turned back on n is currently staying on again, ill see how long for this time, been 10 mins so far.....

Could I power each strip individually on the bench and see how long it takes to go out if at all perhaps?? If so what voltage would I run it at??

Comment

are the led strips in two parts? if so i wonder is the connecting joint could be failing and going open circuit and turning the backlights off? maybe budm could advise if this is a possibility

Comment

are the led strips in two parts? if so i wonder is the connecting joint could be failing and going open circuit and turning the backlights off? maybe budm could advise if this is a possibility

Yes theyre in 2 parts m8, Ive tried cleaning the joints, and also putting a blob of glue from glue gun on them all incase they were loose.

Been on for 43 mins again so far this time and still hasnt gone off yet, lets see if it can beat its 1 hour personal best 🤣

Comment

in previous threads i have read a lot of people hard wire those joints with bits of wire and bypass the joints its hard too say whats failing hopefully budm will see this thread and maybe offer some advice

Comment

in previous threads i have read a lot of people hard wire those joints with bits of wire and bypass the joints its hard too say whats failing hopefully budm will see this thread and maybe offer some advice
            Well its now been on 90 mins this time and still going

Comment

Just an update. It never went back off, so I would hazard a guess and say, that as this TVs LED strips arent stuck down, and are just held with screws, they were maybe flexing with heat, putting stress etc on the connections where the 2 halves of the strips join. After using glue gun, to fix strips down at the joints, and also a dot on top of the join, it hasnt gone off in 3 hours. So it is now reassembled and up on the wall, so hopefully thats the end of that saga. Looks 100% better in the bedroom than the 40" its replaced.

Thankyou to everyone who took the time to reply and help.

Comment

Working...
              X