Tv not working with remote control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv not working with remote control.

Hi guys got a Sharp lc50cfe5101k which has a strange issue. Remote controls both original and universal do not work with the tv. Both remotes are sending the IR signal but tv is not picking up the signal. I assumed the mainboard so swapped that out with no luck and then purchased a brand new IR reciever and still not working. Anyone had a similar issue or can shed any solutions to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tv not working with remote control.

You might need to pair it with your tv. Press the green and yellow button in the same time.
    Last edited by ducky29; 04-10-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

its one of this reasons RC will not response
      1- you have one of button at 7 button boards keep pressed down. play with them while the set off so you can hear click when you press them

2- Remote.cfg file disrupted at firmware , from service menu make hard reset to roll back all driver and files

3- downgrade or upgrade the firmware.

4- in general all RC how to reset them... take batteries out from RC, press power button on RC and keep press for at least 10 seconds. place batteries back and start using it.

Comment

It is likely the original remote needs to be paired to the tv: (Page 11)

During first time installation press and hold the GREEN and YELLOW buttons on the remote control for a few seconds. The power light will blink 5 times to confirm the TV and remote control are paired.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 04-10-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the input. I cant get into service menu, also cant seem to find downloadable firmware for this model even on the Sharp website. I am going to order another remote control and will give you an uodate when it arrives thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboy2007 View Post
            Hi guys, thanks for the input. I cant get into service menu, also cant seem to find downloadable firmware for this model even on the Sharp website. I am going to order another remote control and will give you an uodate when it arrives thanks.
            You don't need to enter the service menu to pair the remote control.

Comment

I have ordered a new remote. The remote i have here looks the same but is very slightly different. Are the remotes for this tv BT or IR as there is no IR reciever on the board that takes the signal for remote control?

Comment

Did you try paring the original remote you have?

Comment

I have ordered a new remote. The remote i have here looks the same but is very slightly different. Are the remotes for this tv BT or IR as there is no IR reciever on the board that takes the signal for remote control?
                  Pry open the original remote and check if there is an IR sensor. If it has no IR sensor( it must have a little pcb soldered into the main one), then its RF remote control.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    Did you try paring the original remote you have?
                    it wasnt the original remote control just one that looks the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                      Pry open the original remote and check if there is an IR sensor. If it has no IR sensor( it must have a little pcb soldered into the main one), then its RF remote control.
                      i have ordered an original remote control so will wait until it arrives and pair it with tv. will keep the post updated.

Comment

Ok so the issue i had was the mainboard and of course not having the original remote control. I tried replacement remote with original mainboard and it was failing to pair with tv. Put replacement main in and paired no issue. Tv now fully operational.

When you go into first time install it tells you to power off tv to standby and press green / yellow buttons and power light blinks a few times then remote is paired.

Comment

Ok so the issue i had was the mainboard and of course not having the original remote control. I tried replacement remote with original mainboard and it was failing to pair with tv. Put replacement main in and paired no issue. Tv now fully operational.

When you go into first time install it tells you to power off tv to standby and press green / yellow buttons and power light blinks a few times then remote is paired.
                          you can now safe yours old MB if u inter service menu and make the hard reset .. then come to u first install
                          how look on this web

you may need to use USB air mouse or air keyboard or USB cable keyboard to inter code or menu in set with your old MB
                          Last edited by Diah; 04-12-2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

ok will give that a try thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X