Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-52Z5100 power relay clicks 4 times then standby blinks 10 times

Hello,

Troubleshooting a Sony KDL-52Z5100 and when you plug it in the power relay clicks on and off 4 times and then stays off and the standby light blinks in groups of 10 repeatedly.

I checked the standby voltage going to the main board and it stays consistent at 3.3v the whole time.
    The other voltages coming from the main power board all match their written values.
    The "power on" connection coming from the main board to the power board changes between 3.3v and 0v while the relay is clicking.

The issue also occurs when only the main board is connected to the power board.

Would I be correct in deducing that the error in this TV is on the main board? If you think this is a power issue what should I test/check next? If the main board is the defective one is their anything I could check/replace on it or would it be best to swap the board?

Thanks so much!

Re: Sony KDL-52Z5100 power relay clicks 4 times then standby blinks 10 times

10 blinks may point to the D4N board, as always make sure you buy the right board for your tv, if you buy one. some here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&_odkw=fire+tv

Comment

If it was an issue with the D4N board would disconnecting it enable the tv to power up partially? Even with that board disconnected the tv does the same power cycling and blink code.

Comment

Try unplug mainboard from powerboard, turn on tv, see if backlights come on and stay on, it's recommended to have power cord unplugged from outlet, unplug cable from mainboard to powerboard, plug power cord back in outlet, turn tv on.

Comment

I unplugged the main board from the power board and jumpered "standby" pin to "power on" pin to turn on the relay but got no backlight activity. I then tried plugging the main board back in and unplugging the D4N board and the tv still did the power cycling and blink code.

Any ideas what I could try next to find the problem?

Comment

So did you try it without the jumper?

Comment

according to another similar Sony manual, 10 blinks = DTT WDT = Watch Dog Timer used to track micro processors, not to record errors.

Jumping st-by 3.3v to POWER ON will turn part of the power supply, like +12 & AU15, but likely not the backlights, Backlight on is likely on CN6204
              Last edited by R_J; 04-10-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Without the jumper the tv is just in standby. I will see if I can find a backlight on connection. Would it likely also be a 3.3v trigger voltage to turn on the backlights

Comment

I don't have this service manual, so I am guessing, what happens if you disconnect the two backlight boards (DN3) from the power supply, does the relay still click on and off? You could also check the two voltages on the power supply labeled PFC-OUT & PRI-VCC

Does this use the APS-247(CH) power supply?
                  Does it use two D4N or D3N boards?
                  I doubt its the power supply, I do see that shopjimmy is out of stock on the BU main boards, which could be a sign that the main is the problem.
                  Last edited by R_J; 04-10-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Yes this one does use a D4N and D3N, I'm pretty sure I tested with both of them disconnected and it still clicked but I will recheck that.
                    The PFC-OUT & PRI-VCC on both boards are at the correct values.
                    Yes it does use the APS-247(CH) power supply.

Comment

So I just found a service manual for this model and a few others that lists the blink codes and for 10 it says to replaced the main board. I have attached the manual to this reply.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X