sylvania shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sylvania shutdown

hi all, not a service tech just love electronics, being a guitar player for over 30 years most of my repairs have been on audio equipment, so maybe some of you tv guru"s can help me out on my tv! i have sylvania model srcd227. its a combo vhs/dvd unit. one day it just quit, quietly i might add ! now it tries to power up but shuts down after a second or two. no scat for it, when i power it up red led on front lights then shuts off, high voltage comes up to about 16kv then drops as it shuts down, i hear two clicks which i belive is the degauss circuit turning on and off. the ihvt and horizontal/vertical circuits are loacated on a seperate board mounted off of the main board,attached by ribbon cables to main board. disconnecting ribbon cable from power supply will let the tv come on with out shutting down led on front stays on ,speakers come on, till i shut it off. after checking resistances on transistors\diodes\resistors i cant find anything that is defently shorted or open? tried using variac to bring voltage up slowly but still just shuts down. after checking some voltages that are marked on the main board most check out ok, except the 112v that is used/i believe for the b+ to the h.o.t.board is at 120v? is this to high causing shut down? with the ribboncable removed it measures 117v? still quite a bit off from the 112v marked on the board? i know that these boards probably are used in 100 other tv\s and by looking up part numbers there must be 4 different manufactures in this set alone, lmao but maybe this is the norm? can anyone try to help me out, or am i in over my head? thanks in advance, its been a good tv combo would like to keep it, although ive been reading some reviews lately and none of them were good to say the least!!!!
Working...
X