LG 50PQ6000 unstable 5v standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PQ6000 unstable 5v standby

£19.50 is cheap enough that I would not normally repair a board... unless it was super simple like bad caps / shorted diode etc.
    Last edited by tom66; 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well all the other PSU boards for sale were 40-70 and I have lernt looking around on here and fault finding around the board its been an interesting exercise.

I will swap out the IC just to see if it fixes the standby 5V for my own curiosity.

Tomm if I was to use the new boards do I need to be aware of anything like adjustments? I have seen VS and VC adjustments? am I correct?
      Repaired: LG50PQ6000

Comment

Set Vs and Va to your panel sticker ratings, that's all you need to do.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

cool

Comment

Well work this one out and follow if you can:

Recieved the replacement PSU and control board and fitted them to the TV.

Fired it up and the psu board relays whent into clicking overdrive. Measured 4.7V standby.

Thought what the heck so fitted the new PSU and my old control board. Measured 0v standby.

Looked at the PSU board it had a crack across 4 tracks in a corner probably from the postal service so repaired them. Thanks royal mail!

Fitted it back with the new controller. No fire up and 0v standby.

Very quickly noticed the Schottky diode on the 5v line was showing bad readings had a spare and replaced it. Standby now 5.2V.

All works fine now. Forgot to adjust VS and VA in all the fuss.

I wounder if my old control board was faulty after all that and blowing the PSU 5V standby line?

Also if I dont adjust VS and VA after fitting the new control and PSU board will it have any detrimental effect on things longer term?

and by the way thanks for the help Tom your a real asset to this forum. :0)

Comment

A poor Vs will cause a picture which has darker stuck pixels on it, you need to adjust it to the panel sticker.
              A very high Va can damage the panel and must be set correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                A poor Vs will cause a picture which has darker stuck pixels on it, you need to adjust it to the panel sticker.
                A very high Va can damage the panel and must be set correctly.
                Back off the wall again

Comment

did you manage to solve the problem of the old PSU?

Comment

Working...
                  X