Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harman Kardon HS250 , Low volume problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harman Kardon HS250 , Low volume problem.

Hey guys ,

A friend of mine asked to take a look at his harman kardon set. It turns on fine but the volume is very low on max settings. It goes max to 0DB but the volume is low.

I replaced all capacitors in the powersupply section except for 1. A 2200uf/25v , dont have that 1 anymore. Could replace it for 3300uf , no room for 2 caps in series.
    There is absolutely no difference in volume after replacing the caps.

Anyone familiar with these models? Im suspecting one of the diode's.....
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: Harman Kardon HS250 , Low volume problem.

I will buy some freeze spray and freeze the diode's. See if it changes anything.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Why don't you start by getting the service manual. Have you tried a processor reset or master reset? were any of the caps you replaced bad?
      I had a quick look in the manual and there are a few modes that might result in no/low audio ir the system is in pause mode or slow motion
      Last edited by R_J; 06-15-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I already checked the service manual for a quick solution. Reset did not fix the problem and i can't change much in the menu settings.

Yes some caps did not look good but the brand is Capxon which is not good at all so i decided to replace them all.

Comment

Low output without distortion could mean low voltage from the PSU if it affects both channels. If you have low volume with distortion I would suspect faulty output ics and /or driver transistors/ ics.

Comment

There is no distortion , just low volume. Like 20% out of 100%.

Comment

You may have low voltage coming out of the PSU like a weak capacitor, open resistor, weak regular component or a faulty IC/transistor in the pre-amp stage.

Comment

The only thing that I may add is the over temp circuit. It will limit the PA output. How is the sound through the headphone jack? Attached see the service manual.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CapLeaker; 06-27-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X