Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technics SU-V9 recap

Hello,

My Technics SU-V9 would run perfectly then when i used it again the relay would not kick in, replaced the thyristors, and noticed one of two of the caps had green fungus on one of their legs.

pre drive board has a few caps as does the main board

Ive used Nichicon PW, Wima for values under 1uf, and Panasonic SU for the one bi-polar? maybe i should have used Nichicon EP?

Pre drive board not sure, the VCC/GND caps. I am thinking low esr over Audiograde caps but fear to change the sound. The V9 was sounding a bit on the bright side so maybe something was wrong with it

The large main capacitors are 18000uf 56v and look fine and flat, not sure to change them or not. If so maybe CDE 380LX or UCC SHM or KMH?

pre drive board i had to seperate the image as it was long

thank you
    Sam

Re: Technics SU-V9 recap

Yep, these caps are toasted. They leaked all over the place. You have to get that cap juice off the board, so clean that really good. In which position were those caps in? BTW, if I'd had that for repair, I'd be doing a full recap

Comment

Thank you Capleaker for the reply

Yes they are on the main board, the top one is the V9, the pre drive is fine the caps but i would expect since i am doing the mainboard have to see what to use there?

mainboard mix of PW and FR ( maybe should have gone all PW and Wima) Main caps look nice and flat not sure if they have any issues

pre drive board caps fine here going by my eye. Again if I did the main had some bad caps, maybe is wise a full recap , very few caps with the V9

Last edited by TechnicsHiFiFan; 03-24-2018, 07:21 PM. Reason: typo error

Comment

Get few out of the board and measure them.. if they read good, leave them ( at lease this is what I'd do ). Pay more attention to caps from the power supply circuits and near to heatsinks.

Comment

Thanks Madan1
          The pre-drive board the topside faces the heatsink
          recap power ciricuit with FR. and PW. Not sure if I should have it all PW

image from the net from the front of the V9, the pre drive board faces the heatsink, space between cap top and heatsink would be about 1cm - 2cm

Comment

Working...
          X