Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony KD-65X7000E - Screen double images for first few minutes then back to normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KD-65X7000E - Screen double images for first few minutes then back to normal

Indeed, this is what I meant in post #17, glad you got it sorted, check those tab bond shimming videos on youtube, it may be a little harder on this very thin tv.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-15-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Re: Sony KD-65X7000E - Screen double images for first few minutes then back to normal

Finally setup table-top space, opened and gained access to the left-side "faulty" driver panel.
      Long story short - after numerous trials and various method of tinkering with the cof bonding tab, absolutely no effort on the cold start double image...

Also tried hair-dryer hot air directly onto the bonding tab and its' surrounding - no effect either. And DMM checked on all the tiny mlc capacitors - all read OK in hundreds ohm range.

I suspect the contacts in picture #3 attached just need time to heat up from within to get contact.

Strangely - now with TV cooled off, then hot air on the corner area for 2-3 minutes also no effect on the cold start double image... could not get it to cold start with normal display anymore...

So now the 2 options:
      1) Taped method - cold start with no double image but slightly sub-optimal display
      2) As it - cold start with double image, but get perfect display after 3-5 minutes

I decided option 2 - few minutes warm-up for few hour of perfect display.

Thank you @nomoresonys and @Diah for your guidance.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by beetle1303; 03-18-2023, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I see, that's a bummer, thought we were on to something when the heating worked.

Comment

Indeed. High spirited for a couple of days!
          But like they say - journey is more rewarding than the destination!

Comment

Working...
          X