Sony kdl 40ex720 firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony kdl 40ex720 firmware update

Hello can you please tell me the exact steps for updating the tv after logic board replacement.. I try everything I can find online but no luck. I have green and amber light blinking.. thank you in advance

Re: Sony kdl 40ex720 firmware update

put your model in there, check downloads, they may have made it no longer available in January 2022: https://www-sony-gr.translate.goog/e...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

Comment

Yes sony stop the support for firmware download for this tv.. I find the firmware from various sites and I tried many of them but with no luck. But I don't think is the firmware file the problem but the procedure I am taking to update the tv

Comment

The firmware must be PKG4.027EUA, unpacked on usb flash (old, not large 512Mb -1Gb), not all flash drives are suitable, you need to select it.

Comment

Ok i didn't do it with a small flash drive I will give it try and I will tell you the results thank you!

Comment

do this: rename file on the usb drive folder as: upgrade_loader.pkg, use a usb drive with led light, then put the key on the unplugged tv, now keep pressed power key and plug tv in mains socket, watch if a light will glow, wait for the key light to stop blinking, remove mains plug, wait 10 sec. then plug back, press power on tv, watch if something blinks on tv, when all leds stops blinking turn on tv..

Comment

Ok thank you I will try with that sequence.. but the only firmwares I can find are in .bin format

Comment

Originally posted by dinosglxaros View Post
                but the only firmwares I can find are in .bin format
                it doesn't matter, you have to rename in fact

Comment

I used an 1gb flash drive and I tried all the information u give me but still the same thing.. when I power on the TV the flash drive flashes for two seconds and then stops and the TV keeps flash amber and green.. do I have to wait longer for the usb drive start flashing again to read the software?

Comment

ok i suspected it because its a method for newer Sony , i remember there was many versions of service manual for that series on electrotanya.com , one of those was filled with info on how to use service menus , and other servicing infos

Comment

Ok I will check and I will report back thank you

Comment

there was a reset procedure..

Comment

Do you know how to do that?

Comment

Listen to Lotus, try another small flash drive, sonys can be fussy.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              Listen to Lotus, try another small flash drive, sonys can be fussy.
                              Ok I will try to find onother one

Comment

I try every usb flash I can find still nothing..I think the problem its somewhere else.. the story is that I had this tv with double picture and I thought that it was a logic board issue and ruined the cpu on the board.. so then I thought its a tcon problem and I order onother logic board (same model number like the old one but for 46ex720 tv)and when I plug the mains and by pressing the power button on the TV i have immediately green and amber flashing light.. can the tcon with a minor problem cause the TV not to update? Please help me to revive my tv

Comment

Try disconnecting the LVDS cable from T_CON and turning on the TV, when the backlight turns on without turning off the TV, insert the cable carefully back quickly and without distortions, an image should appear, reset and update via usb. Do you have firmware PKG4.027EUA?
                                  Last edited by lotas; 02-27-2023, 08:41 AM.

Comment

When I disconnect the lvds cable I get 5 red blinks indicating tcon error.

Comment

I know that the error will be "5" - T-CON error, did you then try to insert the LVDS cable back without turning off the TV?

Comment

No I didn't because I had no backlight.

Comment

Working...
                                        X