Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Recall or Ban - Toy synthesizer keyboard Shen Kong 520 ( SK-520 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Product Recall or Ban news

From the europa website:

Ref number : 33A12/1118/12
    Category: Clothing, textiles and fashion items
    Product: night shirt
    Brand: Justin Bieber
    Hazard: Burns

Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Samsung LCD model LN40A550P3FXZA. They recalled all capacitors on power board and power board itself. This TV came out in 2008 and the recall has been on for about 3 or 4 years. You can get it fixed free through Samsung. They will set you up with a certified tech who will come to your home free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by keeyana View Post
        Samsung LCD model LN40A550P3FXZA. They recalled all capacitors on power board and power board itself. This TV came out in 2008 and the recall has been on for about 3 or 4 years. You can get it fixed free through Samsung. They will set you up with a certified tech who will come to your home free of charge.
        What's the bet they replace the crap capacitors with more crap?
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          What's the bet they replace the crap capacitors with more crap?
          I know someone who has an office which resides in the building of a larger company. I got to poke around, and the company had bags of capxon capacitors sitting around :P:P:P
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Horizon Hobby Recalls Batteries Due to Fire Hazard

Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
            A Picture of subject is always Welcome

Things saved from the e-landfill:
            Vizio VA26LHDTV10T 26" - Bad EEPROM Cap
            Asus PTGD1-LA Full Recap - Cha1 DDR socket damage
            MSI PM8M3-V Unstable CPU Recap CPU VRM circuit
            ViewSonic VA712B - still working on it
            Kindle Fire USB Connector
            MSI G31M-F Full Recap - Record Breaker done in 3Hrs.
            MSI P67A-G43 BIOS chip Reprogram - Tested and Happy

The list will go on thanks to the people of this forum and many hours of reading.

Comment

^
              Li-Poly. No surprises there.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

lol named "Dynamite" perfect
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                  lol named "Dynamite" perfect
                  At least is not false advertizement
                  A Picture of subject is always Welcome

Things saved from the e-landfill:
                  Vizio VA26LHDTV10T 26" - Bad EEPROM Cap
                  Asus PTGD1-LA Full Recap - Cha1 DDR socket damage
                  MSI PM8M3-V Unstable CPU Recap CPU VRM circuit
                  ViewSonic VA712B - still working on it
                  Kindle Fire USB Connector
                  MSI G31M-F Full Recap - Record Breaker done in 3Hrs.
                  MSI P67A-G43 BIOS chip Reprogram - Tested and Happy

The list will go on thanks to the people of this forum and many hours of reading.

Comment

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recal...e-MacBook-Pro/

Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

From the link ben posted above:

Incidents/Injuries

The firm has received 13 reports that the battery caught fire, including one report of a serious burn to a consumer’s leg.
                      Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled battery, remove it from the computer and contact Best Buy for a replacement Apple brand battery or a $50 Best Buy gift card as a full refund. Best Buy is contacting its customers directly.
                      Sold at

Bestbuy.com and Partstore.com, or shipped to customers through the Geek Squad Protection fulfillment at Best Buy from September 2008 through June 2012 for about $50.
                      Supposedly, only 5100 such batteries were sold/given to consumers, a strangely small quantity. I wonder if the things were sold elsewhere in the US under a different name, or if they were sold in other parts of the world.

Maybe Nissan, Fisker and Chevrolet could sell their lithium-battery-powered Leaf, Model S and Volt with the advertizing slogan, We won't brick, and we won't burn your house down!
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Chinese Lithium batteries are crap. This is no joke, folks!

I just sent out over 20 Li-ION laptop batteries to get recycled last month. They were all starting to swell badly. Some even cracked their plastic cases. Sure they were old (they were replacements for the Dell C-series laptop, which are quite old now). I got pictures too, but they are on my phone. Will make a thread when I get them to my computer some day. After this incident, I no longer trust Chinese Lithium batteries and I advise everyone I know to keep away from such crap.

The cheap Ni-Cd and Ni-MH are bad too, but at least they don't have that kind of potential to catch fire.

Comment

Coby 32" TV caught fire, bought in December of 2012

I was doing my usual browsing for info about products that catch fire

BUT, I came across this ...

http://saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1337085

Think it is a cheap vestel made set? I don't know, but less than a year and the thing catches fire... wow!!!

Note the complainee said that the volume was very loud. Power supply fault caused a voltage surge, and hence louder audio? Who knows...
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Killer Cisco IE5000 Switches:
                            http://www.myce.com/news/cisco-recal...ld-kill-78548/
                            Someone (most likely a contractor) stuffed up here...
                            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                            X