Laptop Mobo Unknowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop Mobo Unknowns

I had this old Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop mobo that I used the oven heat trick on. I wasn't sure if the caps could handle the heat and sure enough they couldn't. I guess that was pretty stupid, I wasn't thinking and should've just removed them prior. Truthfully I didn't think the oven technique would work anyways so I didn't think it through too well. All of them started leaking, but at least the mobo went from dead to now working again. Previously it wouldn't boot unless it was pressed or twisted meaning there was a solder break somewhere.

There are 8 total Sanyo caps, 3 designated "18"(long ones) and 5 "19"(short ones). What does the 15/25 mean? I assume it's 15uf/25v because there are some same style caps on another Toshiba mobo that I have which are designated 330/6.3 and 68/20. See picture.

So where could I get some replacements? I tried googling, but didn't come up with any good sites.

Thank you for any input you can give.

http://img255.*************/img255/796/capsayc.jpg

Re: Laptop Mobo Unknowns

wow. it takes effort to blow up oscons. those are polymer caps. i personally do not know much on that type but i wish you the best.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
    X