Acer Aspire XC-603 BIOS file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am after a BIOS .bin or .fd file for an Acer Aspire XC-603. I cannot seem to extract anything from Acer's relevant BIOS zip file. It has a .exe file but I cannot get what I need to re-programme my bricked system using a CH341 programmer. I have "half-run" the .exe and looked in the App data/Temp folder but with no luck. Thanks for everyones help and time.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Aspire XC-603 BIOS file

Originally posted by jimoB View Post
    Hi, I am after a BIOS .bin or .fd file for an Acer Aspire XC-603. I cannot seem to extract anything from Acer's relevant BIOS zip file. It has a .exe file but I cannot get what I need to re-programme my bricked system using a CH341 programmer. I have "half-run" the .exe and looked in the App data/Temp folder but with no luck. Thanks for everyones help and time.
    P11-B0.CAP has a Capsule header that needs deleting. Use a hex editor and delete block 0-FFF or use UEFITool and select extract body to delete it.What your left with is a 5MB 5,120KB bios update,not the full bios image, so it would need merging with your backup.Do you have a backup ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi, thanks for responding. No I have no original BIOS image. An attempted update fried it, it seems. Can I get the whole BIOS file from Acer or just the updates?

Comment

Hi, I am after a BIOS .bin or .fd file for an Acer Aspire XC-603. I cannot seem to extract anything from Acer's relevant BIOS zip file. It has a .exe file but I cannot get what I need to re-program my bricked system using a CH341 programmer. I have "half-run" the .exe and looked in the App data/Temp folder but with no luck. I'm wondering also if Acer BIOS files are complete firmwares that can be used for flashing or just updates ? I have atatched the one with the earliest publish date. Thanks for everyone's help and time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jimoB View Post
          Hi, I am after a BIOS .bin or .fd file for an Acer Aspire XC-603. I cannot seem to extract anything from Acer's relevant BIOS zip file. It has a .exe file but I cannot get what I need to re-program my bricked system using a CH341 programmer. I have "half-run" the .exe and looked in the App data/Temp folder but with no luck. I'm wondering also if Acer BIOS files are complete firmwares that can be used for flashing or just updates ? I have atatched the one with the earliest publish date. Thanks for everyone's help and time.
          So you made another thread asking for the same thing....... .This bios doesn`t have a capsule header,even though its named *.CAP ,but its still only a 5MB update. Wait for someone to post a full 8MB bios dump.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Try this dump

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...34&postcount=2

Comment

Great !! I now have a functioning machine again. Thank you both SMDFlea and Lisa Su for the BIOS dump. I have noticed that it is a Legacy BIOS. I used MBR2GPT conversion tool to then change it to EFI so I could re-load my System Image Backup that I had made before the problem occurred. It has taken me a long time to resolve this and I'm very happy to not have ditched the motherboard like many people were suggesting. I now have experience using a CH341A programmer as well. This forum is the best it seems! Regards and thanks again....less landfill, the planet thanks you too!

Comment

I'd just like to add that the programming wasn't working ie. failing to verify, using AS programmer and a CH341A until I firstly, removed the CMOS battery (better result but still failed) and then removed the jumper near the CMOS battery. Perhaps would have worked also just removing the jumper.

Comment

Working...
                X