PS5 BLOD- CFI-1115A Disc Version- Board= EDM-020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PS5 BLOD- CFI-1115A Disc Version- Board= EDM-020

Okay well i will have a deeper look. Just didn't want to try and reinvent the wheel is we already had the knowledge. Thanks!

Comment

the dump i have shows interesting stuff starting at 001c:7200

Comment

I was told that you scan down until the FFFFF HEX starts then you should not have any data after where the FFFFF HEX ends. But this so called known good has data before and after. I am using HEXHD. You using Text string or Hex Value for searching 001c?
        Last edited by TheWizard; 05-26-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

thats the address, not the data

Comment

Yeah i found that already. That is the Model and Serial number of the ps5. I did a compare for differences and found some other entries that didnt match across two BINs but I think its irrelevant. Trying to find where entry where the motherboard is paired to blue ray daughter board. Any ideas on that?

Comment

in theory there should be:
              model,
              serial,
              ethernet mac,
              wifi mac
              and maybe the cypher-key for pairing the optical drive.

Comment

Yeah the cypher key is the hard one to find. I remember with the PS4 there was a extractor app that would pull that specific info and make a small BIN to edit with a hex editor.

Comment

the only way to find it is to compare several dumps and identify the other stuff so only the drive key remains.

unfortunatly when people do post dumps you dont know the serial/mac's etc to look for them in it.

Comment

Well i ordered 10 Winbond 25Q16JV chips from Digikey. Plan is to flash backed up bin to new chip, re-solder and pray. Haha But i will keep digging at these entries and where to find them. Will try to find a common placement. Thanks stj!

Comment

Update: I erased and flashed the original bios chip with original BIN. No change. Still waiting for new bios chips to arrive. Anyone have a diagram they have obtained or created that maps out all the known good board voltages for EDM-020?

Comment

001c:7270-7281 may be drivekey.

Comment

Stj,
                          I will check the BIN I backed up later today for that entry. Have you personally been able to find any diagrams of board voltages. I may make one for the board i have. Cod3r has some great vids showing the voltage power rails. But i would love to open up a pdf and be able to reference on the fly. I may buy a psn suspended known good working board and take the rail readings from there. Just curious. Thank you.

Comment

i have no idea, never even had a ps5 on my bench.
                            i'm just interested in documenting/decoding the syscon content for future uses.

Comment

Roger that. I will keep you posted.

Comment

So while I wait for the new bios chip to arrive. I decided I would take the thermal cam out one more time. Here is a look at the EDM-020 powered up. More to come. Need to document part numbers heating up in pics.
                                Attached Files

Comment

There are (2) 3219A chips on the board that appear to be heating up. The first is located left of the APU and the other is located just below the bottom left RAM chip. If i had a known good board i could see if these chips getting warm normal or not. Anyone else have a EDM-020 board? Maybe we can work together to fix two units?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

3219a - tps53219a
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                      3219a - tps53219a
                                      Lotas,
                                      I am wondering if they are worth replacing. Dont want to go down another rabbit hole. What you think?

Comment

They should get warm, check the datasheet for output voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                          They should get warm, check the datasheet for output voltages.
                                          Oh sorry i missed that. 40 celsius to 85 celsius. Well the highest i have seen is 60 celsius on the chip to the left of the APU. The one below the RAM chip is running low 40's to 50.

Comment

Working...
                                          X