Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircon regasser,Could bad caps be the problem here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aircon regasser,Could bad caps be the problem here?

I have this aircon regasser in from a friends garage. The values fluctuate on their own when they should be giving out a solid reading. My first thought was capacitors so I have replaced the lot, just looking for a second opinion before taking it back for testing. One of the 10uf capacitors had an ESR of 1.8ohms the new ones I have fitted are a little less. Hoping this will solve the problem, I can't find any shorts or other faults on the board but as I don't have a schematic I'm not 100% sure what readings I should be getting.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/FVSajwR

Re: Aircon regasser,Could bad caps be the problem here?

You did check the battery voltage, correct?

Comment

1.8 ESR reading might be a little bit high depending on the type of circuit that you have
      Because on some switching power supply circuits get flaky when ESR is higher value than than a new one

Keep in mind that an ESR does not put the capacitor under a load condition and sometimes a capacitor can check on a meter but fails under a load condition
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't realise there was any replies here.
        I did swap the battery and all the caps, on the bench the board had solid readings so I was 99% sure I had fixed the problems.
        But when I went to test on the machine, it had the same results.

The bosch engineer said he had swapped the scales which is an all out lie, he then blamed everything on the circuit board. I have the whole thing here now and am unsure what more to do other then swapping some of the chips.
        The scales seem to be working as when I pull on the bottles the value does increase but when left at their usual state the value fluctuates which is what is confusing me.

I have some pictures of the scales and a video of the fluctuating values here: https://imgur.com/a/LVcUhxW

Comment

Working...
        X