Vizio M60-C3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M60-C3

Looks like there's multiple problems with this one, but I need help figuring out something on the PS. When I force it on, I get all voltages good, except the 24v that goes to LED driver board is fluctuating all over the place from 16-24v and everywhere in between. It's not connected to the LED driver board.

(I have 2 diodes unsoldered as I was testing)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kevinm34232; 02-08-2020, 03:45 PM.

Re: Vizio M60-C3

That 24v might be normal without the led board connected, Is the 24v stable with just the led board connected.

Comment

It's the same connected or not. Bouncing between 17-26v.

I checked the LEDs with an LED tester they all seem fine with the same voltages on each ribbon.

I'm really confused with this one because I thought it was the main board after testing the other 12v voltages were ok. When plugging in main board the 12v turns to 4v PS-ON is always on. So I bought a new main board and same thing. And then the 12v going to the t-con is causing that line to fluctuate when connected to the t-con but OK when not. It appears someone put in the wrong t-con for this panel.

Comment

But do you think it's a issue with just not having a load on the LED circuit?

Comment

It could be, I see a line that comes back from the led board, labeled VSNS, that leads to the feedback control.
          Did you check the the voltage across one of the main 68µf/450v caps to make sure the pfc circuit is working properly?

Comment

Thanks for asking that because I had checked it earlier and it was steady 360v, but that was with main board connected. When just jumping the main board on, that main voltage is fluctuating too.

Comment

So what is the original problem?
              When plugging in main board the 12v turns to 4v PS-ON is always on. So I bought a new main board and same thing. And then the 12v going to the t-con is causing that line to fluctuate when connected to the t-con but OK when not
              Are all the voltages stable with the main board connected and the t-con disconnected?
              If that is the case I would disconnect the 4 flat cables going between the panel and the t-con, reconnect the cable from the power supply to the t-con and check the 12V-TCON voltage

Comment

No when the main board is connected the big caps are at 360v but the 12VAU line is 0.3v and the 12VS drops to 4.4v. That's why I thought the main board was bad but other board was the same. So there's several problems going on it seems. I've tried disconnected the ribbons it didn't help.

Possible another bad main board?

Comment

How were you forcing on the power supply? On some of these power supplies, the +12VS is low if the power supply is in standby, and the pfc circuit is not running. Once you have a high (3.3~5v) on PS-ON, PFC circuit starts and the +12VS will come up.
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Applying the 3.8v from the AC-DET to PS-ON and TCON-ON

Let me make it clear that although that gets most of the voltages up, when the main board is connected, PS-ON is always high and the 12V drops to about 4v. Pushing the power button does nothing. On first look it appeared it was just a bad main board.
                    Last edited by kevinm34232; 02-08-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                      Applying the 3.8v from the AC-DET to PS-ON and TCON-ON
                      With the main board disconected from the power supply, use a 1k resistor between +12VS and the PS-ON. that should turn on the power supply, and give a solid +12VS and a +24V. I would'nt worry too much about the +12v-tcon voltage at this time.
                      If you get a solid +24V you should also get the +12V-AUDIO
                      Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Does it need to be a 1k resistor I can only find a 3.3k

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                          Does it need to be a 1k resistor I can only find a 3.3k
                          That should work ok.

Comment

So kind of same issue, the LED caps bouncing 17-18v, big caps fluctuating 245-255v

Comment

That seems odd, that when the main board is connected, the main cap voltage is 360vdc.
                              So without the resistor, or the board connected is the main cap voltage 160vdc?

Comment

So you mean just plug in power board with nothing connected? Yes 169v.

Comment

That's what it should be in standby, and when the PS-ON is changed to a High, the pfc should start and the voltage should be a solid 360vdc.
                                  The other thing I might try is connect the main board, then check the voltages on CN201. Something must be different when the main board is connected to tell the pfc to operate at full voltage.

I just had a closer look at your board picture (#3) and C202, C203, C204 & C211 look slightly bulged, or is that just the way they look in the picture?
                                  Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I will do that, but why would it be steady 360v when the main board is connected yet the other 12v not working?? BTW with the main board connected PS-ON is 3.8V

Comment

Which 12 volts are you talking about? the +12VS or the +12V TCON
                                      If C202, C203, C204 & C211 are bad, that could explain the low +12VS
                                      Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Wow I never noticed those caps bulging, or to be honest don't expect to find bad caps in a "newer" tv. Replaced those 4 and the other 3 470uF 35v caps for the LEDs and plugged it all back in and it came on! I still have to figure out the T-Con situation, but thanks R_J!

Do you think just those caps would cause all of that?!?

Comment

Working...
                                        X