Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
      Alessio from Italy

My 42LG3000 is dead

Tnx 4 all.

Comment

Re: New Members - Giovanni from Italy

Hello to all, I'm Giovanni from Torino Italy and I have worked with computer and electronic for over 35 years.
        I recently have rediscovered repairing again and how fun it is, well yes for a wile I was just replacing entire board or modules; because was economic.
        But with the beginning of the crisis I discovered that people prefer repairing than buying new (because most of the time is cheaper and don't create electronic garbage).
        In any case, I now have begun study again and of course this web site/forum for some one like me is a precious resource.

Thank you

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Dom , working in Singapore. I came acros this forum when I was looking for a solution for a an old lady's Toshiba Equium A200 that worked fine on bats, but would freeze on AC. Following the advice given by you guys, I did not remove the TOKIN cap, but added two 440uF SMD caps and the problem just vanished.
          Thanks to you all.

Comment

Hi, I'm an electronics assembler from Finland who likes to tinker with everything I can get my hands on. I've been looking for a forum like this for ages, and actually stumbled upon the front page a few times but never realized that there's such a great community behind the site!

I'm looking forward to asking the most stupid questions I can think of when I start working on my next 40" sometimes-catches-on-fire Sony Bravia!

Comment

Hello, I am James and am a newbee to this site and repairing electronics. I have no formal training and am looking to learn as much as possible from your site and all the experienced people that frequent it. Thanks for letting me share in the positive energy that seems to be flowing here.

Comment

Hi All,

My day job is designing LED lighting systems. On the side, I build analog modular synthesizers. As a hobby, I love resurrecting old test equipment and old guitar electronics.

-Nick

Comment

Hi, Im Shannon from Malaysia
                  I joined this forum from researching in google after 3 of my monitor is dead.
                  i read about bad caps which is resposible for the death of all my 3 monitors and dang i was going blind while turning off my pc without crashing it (which was not the first time).

Im an art student and ultimately i will have to know my tool of trades.
                  i even built my own rig, fixed a few bsods, viruses blah blah blah

upon opening my first monitor and bought my very first soldering irons and what not.
                  ill be here hoping under the guidance of this forum, will i able to fix my monitor.

im now using my friend's monitor. i hope i will be able to fix my monitors soon and hopefully and future caps breakdowns in my rigs.

Comment

Hi All
                    A place of cheap entertainmnet for me
                    Been doing the cap replacement thing for 40+ years and am a video broadcast engineer by trade for most of that time. Seen more fails than one cares to think about. Glad to be with such distinguished company here.

-John
                    Last edited by jlafond; 03-11-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

My name is Cameron. Houston Tx. I'm in my late 20's. One day a couple of years ago my HPT5064 plasma died and I decided to try to fix it. Got it fixed and have been doing it as a hobby ever since.

Comment

Frank Morgan from Michigan. Tinkering around with electronics, troubleshooting stuff and having fun.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm blakey72 from Horsham, Australia (near Melbourne). I've joined here because I've taken up a new hobby. I've been refurbishing old Playstation 1 SHPH-100x's for use by audiophiles. They sound superb stock and get even better with a few mods.

I'm only starting to learn about electronics, had noting to do with them in the past. My background has been in Quarantine and the animal industry. I have a degree in Animal Science however have just recently had a career change. I now am studying Div. 1 Nursing and very much enjoying it.

I hope to gain some valuable knowledge from this site especially in the area of improving sound quality in audio devices.

Cheers
                          Blake.

Comment

Hi All.
                            I'm from Mexico and I was a TV technician long time ago. Now I prefer computers
                            So I have experience working at board level. Then... I found this great site and I'm glad to help anyone here.
                            Saludos from Guadalajara Mexico

Comment

Short introduction , my name is Mihailo , I live and work in Belgrade ,Serbia .I`m working as an computer hardware mechanic , lately very busy with reparation of laptop motherboards .
                              I hope to find some answers on this high quality forum and also contribute as much as i can .

Comment

Hi, this is Hien Le, am here because I picked up a dead Apple iMac G5 and want to revive it. Found that it died because of bad caps, so here I am to learn all about caps from this wonderful community!

Comment

Well... I wasn't aware of this forum until today. Nice work!
                                  I hope I may be able to contribute in some way.

Comment

hello I'm from Indonesia...

I found this forum out of curious

nice to meet you thx
                                    Micron Scrap

Buying Electronics scrap since 2005

Comment

Hi, I'm a moderator on another electronics forum and I just acquired a Dell 2405fpw that someone has tried to repair :-| so I went Googling and found lots of advice here for this non-capacitor fault.

I've been an electronics hobbyist for over 40 years and I've done my share of fixing of stuff (including re-capping a number of power supplies)

Comment

Hello Badcaps Forums i am happy to join this forum, I think it is going to help me a lot
                                        I am Sakyim
                                        From Ghana
                                        stays in Takoradi
                                        An Electrical Technician

Comment

Hi can anyone provide me the circuit diagram for three phase bridge rectification using (MCD162-16io1) thyristor module

Comment

Working...
                                          X