This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Martin from Cambridgeshire in the UK. I'm an engineer and do lots of fault finding and repairs on a variety of electronic items.

Comment

I'm heather, I'm new here, I found it through a Google search. I repair mainly my own broken items as a money saving hobby. Unless it's something I can't afford to damage further 😆 I'm currently trying to repair a television and see the problem but want to make sure I'm not missing anything, which is why I came here.

Comment

Hello Guys and Gals!

Comment

Great Day everyone. My name here is CrabShop, but i dont sell crabs or make a living out of it instead my Job is repairing Laptops, printers and all other electronic stuff that any willing customer hands me. I am not an expert on anything but I am what you would call a Jack-of-all-trades. I love this job, i keep on learning new things everyday and until now for almost six years being a computer repair guy i still find myself excited on another repair job. I had much to say but for now i'll just end it here. Will be posting new threads soon. See y'all.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm a sysadmin from Cologne, Germany who likes to repair things.
            I found the forum through a Google search because I've just got my hands on a Laptop which has a bricked BIOS I think.
            Apart from that I'm looking forward to participate in this community!

Comment

Hi guys,

I've been doing phone repairs and computer repairs for a few years now, recently decided its time to take it to the next level and dive in to board level repairs.
              All is going well so far, and have learnt a lot in the little time I've spent so far.

Hoping to learn a lot more here and help contribute!

Comment

Kabayan, how are you? Let's speak english for the benefit of everyone in this forum. Have a great day!

Comment

Hi I'm new this forum
                  let me introduce my self: I am a medical engineer. You everyone know that computers now its a part of everything! Even formware able to change functionality or model of Instrument. Any instrument depend not only hardware but also software. In not work without each other now.

I'm interested maintain and develop something new. Feel free to ask, if need.

Comment

Hi Guys! Looking forward to learning as well as helping as best i can. I work on most electronic devices looking to broaden my view a bit more and see which other devices we help repair. Good Luck!

Kind Regards
                    Phones don't get thirsty.......

https://www.fonejackerni.co.uk

Comment

Hello everyone! I came here for help with my tv problem. I consider myself handy and a jack of all trades. I hope to find and give help where needed.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

hi everyone!

I am Jay from PA and found this forum while searching for repair advice for me tv.

Comment

Hello 😁
                          I am Jim from Ph, I found this on the internet when I was looking for bios unlock key. And I thought that this is a great community for repair help so I registered. I hope to learn a lot of things.

By the way I haven't unlock my bios yet, it has a 10 digit key, I hope someone can help me 😁

Comment

Greetings! I am returning to electronics as a hobby after many years as a technician. In the 70's I was a tech for Rockwell International working in their power tool division. 80's was spent mostly at Xerox and Wang Laboratories where I was introduced to mini computers and p.c.'s. Transitioned to systems administrator at a law firm where I stayed until burned out and fled the business to work on bicycles in my local community. Retirement is not far away but still working four days a week keeping everything running at a local health club.

Did some soul searching when retirement seemed to be closing in. Decided that I could repair all flavors of electronics to keep them from landing in the dump. Coming up to speed on SMT technology which is not setting well with my aging eyes. Trying a microscope to see if that will help.

Very impressed with the eagerness to share here on Badcaps and how most people seem to play fair. Hope to find nuggets of knowledge and share some of my own.

Comment

Hello everyone! Greetings from Portugal

Comment

Hi
                                I am joining from Turkey
                                I am happy to be here
                                I am an electronic graduate and want to improve myself in notebook repair.
                                Many thanks to those who contributed.

Comment

Hi,

my name is Muenze, which is the german version of "coins", from a pratchet book, my real name is Guido.
                                  I'm currently 40y old and live in germany. I have found a love for repairing electronic stuff, but have very limited knowledge.
                                  My completed achievments ...
                                  I have solderd a little board for the hood of our stove, I have resoldered the lego mindstorm which we bought for our son and I have resoldered and repaired the diversity module of my BMW E61, which saved us about 200€, just for the parts.
                                  After that my wife wanted a new TV, so I bought a Samsung TV which didn't turn on ... and now I'm here, cause information about voltages of boards and pins is very limited ;-).

HI!

Comment

Hi im kinda new to repairing tvs and seen there is alot of nolligable people on here. Basicly im here to learn and be part of the comunity ty

Comment

Hi guys, I have been interested in electronics since my childhood. I got my first computer in 1994 with windows version 3.1. I am 51 at the moment. I have been a member of a number of hardware forums but this forum is a lot better in terms of cooperation and helping members seeking urgent help from experienced forum members. By the way my biggest problem is how to reset admin password in my lovely bios. I have an HP Elitebook 8570p which I have bought recently sadly with an admin password in German. So, I need your help to unlock it. Nice meeting you all!

Comment

Hello everyone, I am learning how to repair TV's as a hobby hope to learn from everyone

Comment

Hello guy's i'm from Philippines...and i hope i'm welcome here... i want to read and post regarding my workshops...thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X