ASUS VW246H backlight cuts out in 1-2 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS VW246H backlight cuts out in 1-2 seconds

Hi, someone brought me an ASUS 24 inch monitor(VW246H) and the backlight cuts out very quickly. Video is still ok confirmed with light. I googled this every which way and there isn't much info on this problem.

I opened it up and this one has PSU and inverters on one board. Board number is 4h.onc02.a01. All caps and everything else looks good on it but I know this doesn't mean they aren't bad.

I was hoping someone has seen this before. I don't work on monitors or tv's much at all and this is for a coworker so free type thing to try to help him out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found similar PSU/Inverter boards on ebay for like $22 shipped but they aren't exact model.

Thanks!

Re: ASUS VW246H backlight cuts out in 1-2 seconds

I would check the caps. I have a 15" Hansol that did this exact same thing, and none of the caps were bloated, however I found a 470uF cap near the backlight inverter had failed (lost most all of it's capacitance). Replacing that brought it back.

Comment

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to even check capacitance now. I actually found the service manual for 26 inch version and I believe they use the same board. I'll check more and report back.
      Last edited by Uranium-235; 05-29-2013, 01:01 AM. Reason: sorry, thought it was my post, didn't reload my post when I hit the back button

Comment

for a monitor this big, and expensive, I would replace every single cap, including the small ones (starter caps)
        edit: correction. I would try to replace every cap but the biggest one first (including the small caps). If that fails, replace the big one
        Last edited by Uranium-235; 05-29-2013, 01:02 AM. Reason: this is my post. there are many like it but this one is mine
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I'll see if I have suitable replacements and report back. I have plenty of other boards I can check. THanks.

EDIT:No suitable replacements. I found that there is another compatible board part number. 5e-0nc02-001. Can't find it anywhere though.
          Last edited by norcalx360repair; 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

When the backlight does come on for a quick couple seconds or so the screen is bright. I've been reading and some people say this can be due to a bad backlight tube but it will seem more dim than it should be. Since it is bright it doesn't sound like that is the issue, right?

I actually found a replacement power/inverter board but would suck if it ended up being the tube.

Comment

i kinda have the same problem is to why i joined the site, same monitor powers on then flash`s the screen then goes off, but the blue power light still stays on!

Comment

Working...
              X