Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rework soldering iron station 852D+

Originally posted by tonyuk View Post
    they called take your money and run with email that dont work like there tools
    Feel free to buy one made in UK.
    Or you may follow my suggestion which is followed by 1 years European warranty.

From the other hand you may freely spank your own ass for selecting this cheap garbage that you payed, with out properly reviewing the market first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
      Feel free to buy one made in UK.
      Or you may follow my suggestion which is followed by 1 years European warranty.

From the other hand you may freely spank your own ass for selecting this cheap garbage that you payed, with out properly reviewing the market first.
      cheap garbage that was made by same people!!! also i checked feedbk all seem ok gues i was unlucky then

Comment

You can pay £650.00 for this:
        http://uk.farnell.com/cif/v700044/re...deg/dp/1643120
        (well, it recently got pulled because of safety issues...)

Do you know who makes it...? Doesn't it look a little familiar... Yep, it's exactly the same people who make the cheap 852s! For over £550 more than retail prices! Insane. And you only get a year's warranty with it.

It says made in France -- all they do is unpack it from the Made in China box and stick it in the Made in France box. Technically, it counts as a manufacturing step.

Don't just buy on the country it's made in.

For a professional, you should invest in high quality tools like OKI, Metcal, Hakko, Weller, etc. But as a hobbyist, you'd never see a penny of your investment back if you did that.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I just mentioned this to tonyuk...

Check ebay... from time to time there are genuine 230v Hakko 936 and Hakko 937 popping up for reasonable prices.

Sometimes they're without handle or without iron holder but these are available separate either as genuine parts or as chinese clones and even buying those separately it's still cheaper than buying a new 230v hakko fx-888.

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-937-So...-/321327793032

110$ + 40$ shipping .. 150$ ... a new Hakko 888 with 230v input is 200$+ in Europe.

A hot air gun can be bought separately and cheaply and that's less important.
          Last edited by mariushm; 03-03-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
            I just mentioned this to tonyuk...

Check ebay... from time to time there are genuine 230v Hakko 936 and Hakko 937 popping up for reasonable prices.

Sometimes they're without handle or without iron holder but these are available separate either as genuine parts or as chinese clones and even buying those separately it's still cheaper than buying a new 230v hakko fx-888.

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-937-So...-/321327793032

110$ + 40$ shipping .. 150$ ... a new Hakko 888 with 230v input is 200$+ in Europe.

A hot air gun can be bought separately and cheaply and that's less important.
            thats just a soldering iron i need hot air station i did look at them

Comment

I'm using a 858D+ for hot air gun ... 60$ including shipping, not much to fail: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...58d%2B&_sop=12

A solder station is different, it's much more important to have a quality soldering iron and station capable of heating up that tip.

Comment

I'm using a 858D+ for hot air gun ... 60$ including shipping, not much to fail: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...58d%2B&_sop=12

A solder station is different, it's much more important to have a quality soldering iron and station capable of heating up that tip.
                i looked at that befor i got mine so you think im better off with one of them and a nice soldering iron

Comment

Yeah, I would go with separate units TBH in case one fails.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    It says made in France
                    Nop... it says that a company in France have inspect it and offer to it one CE conformity certificate at 2011 and nothing more.

Because branding does not say much in our days, it is more wise to pass a positive or negative vote according the model, and because even the model numbers are not a safe bet these days, we should judge according the design / performance / manufacturing quality.

In my record as reviewer I have receive many No as answer from companies that they pee their pants by listening just the word of " Product review".

When a product arrive for a product review it translates that behind it there is people with the faith that the product is not a bad apple.

Comment

i looked at that befor i got mine so you think im better off with one of them and a nice soldering iron
                      I gave you some other links to cheaper stuff on eBay.. didn't post publicly in case you decide to get one of those, as i didn't want someone else to buy it before you have a chance at it.

But yeah, I feel a soldering station is much more important and it's worth buying a brand one like Hakko or Metcal or JBC, even used.

In my record as reviewer I have receive many No as answer from companies that they pee their pants by listening just the word of " Product review".

When a product arrive for a product review it translates that behind it there is people with the faith that the product is not a bad apple.
                      Or it could just mean the company doesn't consider your website worthy enough to bother, or to risk having their product poorly represented by a person that can't even use a spellchecker.
                      Nobody cares about a website that probably gets less than 2-3000 viewers a month.
                      Last edited by mariushm; 03-03-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Yeah, I would go with separate units TBH in case one fails.
                        ok will do, just goto wait for these to get bk to me about this rubbish lol

Comment

I'm not even sure if you agree or disagree with what I just said. Of course it's not made in France. And do you think CIF really care about CE? Really? 0.3mm between mains and PCB ground plane, lol.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews...nt-safety-fix/

Don't kid yourself. I'm betting most companies won't send you review samples because they don't view your reviews as significant enough. Until you have a blog 1/10th the size of Dave's, I doubt much free will come your way.

Otherwise I'd open a blog tomorrow with free samples from Rigol
                          Last edited by tom66; 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

shipping to me is to much lol but i will keep a look out for one in the uk

Comment

ok will do, just goto wait for these to get bk to me about this rubbish lol
                              Fast response can be had by filing an eBay dispute, it gets a lot more priority.

Comment

shipping to me is to much lol but i will keep a look out for one in the uk
                                Learn to use ebay, sort by price + shipping lowest, then pick a seller with good reviews and high number of sold items.

I'm in Romania, you're in UK, shipping should be about the same. You can get that at 60$ +/- 5-10$ including shipping any time of day.

Comment

Learn to use ebay, sort by price + shipping lowest, then pick a seller with good reviews and high number of sold items.

I'm in Romania, you're in UK, shipping should be about the same. You can get that at 60$ +/- 5-10$ including shipping any time of day.
                                  its 40$ for shipping to uk but im looking now lol

Comment

so this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3210922953...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

this is the one i brought that broke in 2min lol same people who sell the one i just put above http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1609974150...84.m1497.l2649

Comment

Yeah, I guess that one would work. But note it's got EU plug, you'd have to change the plug to use it in your UK sockets.

Be advised that even though it says location of item is UK, it probably isn't physically in UK, or it's a Chinese seller that sends a big package at the end of each week and then someone in UK reships them. Just saying don't expect getting the thing in 2-3 days, assume it may take 1-2 weeks to reach you.

Comment

theres one in cpc magazine and probs online not sure what there like though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X