A Good Bench Magnifying Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Good Bench Magnifying Lamp

I was searching the web for BENCH MAGNIFIER as I need something to get real close as my vision is getting worse. I need to get a real close up on some of the smaller SMD's and small traces. While searching for bench magnifiers I accidentally found a MiView Digital Microscope MV200UM at the below listed website for $59.95. Price seems ok. Has anyone used one of these or something similar?

I know I need a regular bench magnifier also ....just saw this while searching.

http://www.saelig.com/miva/merchant....ers=&category=

Comment

Has anybody tried doing this the ghetto way, using a few magnifying glasses? xD
      I'm sure its possible
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
        Last and important detail is the mechanical strength of the metallic crane.

You will find quality only in solutions which cost 40-60 pounds.
        Yeah, a cheap lamp that flops all over is annoying.

= = =

I'm low budget, I use a regular desk lamp and one of those "helping hands" things (pic attached).

Attached Files
        Last edited by Blargh523; 01-02-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

my favorite.
          its from the 50's and has a real glass lense.
          wish i could find a few more.there are floor models as well as clamp types.
          the bulbs are oddball but i have an inexhaustable supply of vitalite full spectrums that fit it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
            Has anybody tried doing this the ghetto way, using a few magnifying glasses? xD
            I'm sure its possible
            I am sorry that I will demolish your excitement about the '' few lens '' idea.
            As hobbyist photographer for 14 years up to date, I will say that even the combinations of lens, it is possible under strict rules regarding their optical properties.

Human eyes are a sensitive instrument of our body, which gets easily damaged.
            Also the idea to stress your eyes so to cut corners regarding pricing it is not a wise one.

From the other hand those full size cranes they are other than magnifying glass a movable light source, which add more value to them, due the fact that you will use it almost daily.
            Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 01-03-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X